Why is sedimentary rock ductile
A Disorder or Dislocation In geology, denotes a tectonic process that disrupts the original structure of a rock. As a rule, larger packages of rock are shifted against each other. Often, however, in a somewhat fuzzy way, the interface created by the tectonic movement itself is referred to as a disturbance.
The rock structure can be deformed in a plastic (seamless, ductile) way, such as folds, flexures, thrusts and salt tectonics, or through fracture formation and the displacement of the opposing clods. In the latter case, the resulting structure is called a fault.
Significance for geothermal energy
Disturbances are interesting for geothermal energy because they can cause increased waterways. Faults can, however, also be 'healed', e.g. through the floating in of clay minerals and thus form a hydraulic barrier. During exploration (seismic), faults can often be mapped sufficiently well, but their character remains uncertain.
Baldschuhn, R., Fritsch, U., Kockel, F .: The base disturbance pattern in NW Germany 1: 300,000. Hanover: BGR, 1997
Franzke, H.J., Voigt, T., Eynhatten, H.V. , Brix, M.R. & Burmeister, G .: Geometry and kinematics of the north edge of the Harz, explained using profiles from the Blankenburg area. In: Geowiss. Mitt. Thuringia number 11 (2004), pp. 39-62
Meier, S., Bauer, J.F. & Philipp, S.L .: Characterization of fault zones in the Muschelkalk of the Upper Rhine Graben - outcrop analog studies. Karlsruhe: The Geothermal Congress, 2012
Reyer, D., Bauer, J.F. & Philipp, S.P .: Architecture and permeability of fault zones in sedimentary rocks of the North German Basin. In: Proceedings, the Geothermal Congress (2010)
Schuck, A., Vormbaum, M., Gratzl, S. & Stober, I .: Seismic modeling for the detectability of faults in the crystalline. In: Erdöl Erdgas Kohlen: (2012), number 128, no. 1, pp. 14-20
Ziefle, G .: Simulation of hydromechanical effects in fault zones for geothermal issues .. The Geothermal Congress DGK 2013 in Essen, congress volume. Edition Berlin: GtV-Bundesverband Geothermie e.V., 2013. - ISBN 13: 978-3- 932570-68-
Further literature under literature database and / or conference database.
last edited January 2020
- What is the theory of causality
- What screams i pretend to love you
- There is only love after suffering
- How do I stop panicking?
- Can I say hello at 4 p.m.
- What was wrong with Hitler's left hand?
- What was the treaty that ended World War II
- Where do police officers eat McDonalds
- How long does poisoning last
- When will Tesla dominate the auto market?
- Heavy sneezing can make your muscles sore
- Why do books use love
- How do I get paid with infographics
- How to learn screenwriting online
- Who was your favorite brother in the Baratheon
- How long will capitalism last?
- Do government colleges have a management quota
- What are the risks involved in surrogacy
- Who are the Cabinet Ministers in Gujarat
- Is Strong's Concordance accurate and reliable
- What does cultural assimilation mean
- Who is Paul Gascoigne
- Should prejudices exist
- Is Stella Artois Italian