Is flushing water okay to drink?
Can you drink tap water?
Drinking water is the number one foodstuff. In order for people to be able to safely drink tap water, it must be free of pollutants and pathogens. For this reason, groundwater, dam or river water are first turned into drinking water through various treatment processes in the waterworks. Where rivers flow past cities, household chemicals and medicines also get into the water.
But that doesn't mean that drinking water obtained from rivers is necessarily worse. Because the quality of tap water is specified by the Drinking Water Ordinance. The health authorities monitor that the limit values are observed. Even substances without their own limit values must not be contained in any quantity. For them there is a "health orientation value" (GOW) of 0.1 micrograms per liter of water. After evaluating all official drinking water analyzes between 2014 and 2016, the Federal Environment Agency found that tap water in Germany is of very good quality across the board.
Is Tap Water a Good Thirst Quencher?
Tap water is an ideal, calorie-free thirst quencher! Drinking water is a valuable food and is an excellent way of meeting your fluid requirements. The water from the tap is around 100 times cheaper than purchased mineral water and is just as recommendable. Anyone who avoids the production and transport of mineral water bottles in this way also relieves the environment and protects the climate.
Are you drinking enough? Check out the "Weight under control" guide - because those who drink enough increase their wellbeing and prevent headaches and poor concentration. With 10 simple approaches, the guide shows how well-being, weight and health can be positively influenced.
Run the tap water first before drinking
The water that was in the pipes is no longer fresh. Lingering in the line for a long time favors possible contamination and the transfer of substances from the fittings. Therefore, always let the water run for drinking or cooking until it comes out of the tap cool. This can take up to 30 seconds. The first gush of water in the morning or after the holiday can be used for watering flowers, rinsing or cleaning.
The environmental balance of drinking water
In contrast to many other foods, the transport costs of mineral water - but also soft drinks - have a much greater impact than extraction and packaging. In 2020 alone, around one billion liters of mineral water were imported to Germany. These bottles usually require longer than average transport routes. Therefore, the climate impact of mineral water in Germany is almost 600 times higher than that of tap water. In 2019, for example, 105,000 tons of CO2 were generated in Berlin through the consumption of mineral water. If only tap water were drunk there, this would only be 175 tons of CO2. In the case of nationwide CO2 savings by switching from mineral water to tap water, the savings would be as high as one and a half times the domestic German air traffic (before Corona) per year.
Where can one have drinking water examined?
An Internet list from the State Office for Nature, Environment and Consumer Protection in North Rhine-Westphalia lists laboratories that carry out serious analyzes of drinking water. However, not all of the laboratories listed offer analyzes for end users. It is therefore best to call for more information. A price comparison is also useful.
- How can I sell my software online
- How Sarabjit Singh is a martyr
- Can I replace balsamic vinegar with malt vinegar?
- What makes the human body flammable
- What is your favorite PowerPoint topic
- What does 1111 and twin flames mean
- Where are alpha motor neurons located
- How much does my accordion weigh
- How is music therapy for adults
- What is the biggest explosion in science?
- How important were cameras in the 1960s
- What does Time s Up actually mean?
- Legal fees are negotiable
- Is it wrong to eat dolphin meat?
- How can I view archived messages
- Did Napoleon Bonaparte betray his wife
- What is Assad's reason for killing
- What is the first Amityville horror film
- How do you see Colombia
- What's the best wave song of the 1980s
- Are math and chemistry related subjects
- It pays to be a master in animation
- What is successful aging in psychology
- What single story buildings are in Manhattan
- How accessible are professors at NYU
- Does POTUS ever travel in disguise
- How do startups find their first customers
- What is overweight
- Go avocados in the fridge
- Can I start skateboarding when I am 13?
- What is Assam's environmental problem
- What are the topics of the CERTIFIED economic project
- Counted repeatedly to count an autism spectrum characteristic