Which websites are best for online trading
The 5 Best Website Builders for Ecommerce and Online Stores 2020
Almost every website builder has basic ecommerce functionality. For a successful online shop, however, you probably need a little more. All too often, “e-commerce functions” are nothing more than a pretty product page template and the ability to list a few products and prices. That means: Your shop looks nice, but rarely generates sales.
I tested all the major website builders on the market to see which of them are best for online stores. The builders on this list don't just want to make your products look beautiful (although they do too). You get access to Functions with the help of which everything is open to you - from price labeling to inventory management and shipping to marketing.
The ecommerce builders discussed in this review are options for everyone - small blogs selling a handful of products, as well as large online stores with thousands of orders per week.
What We Are Interested In In The Best Ecommerce Website Builders
Your ecommerce website needs to grow and change in line with your business. So your website builder needs to allow this flexibility. Here are the main criteria I was looking for when testing the best ecommerce website builders:
- Intuitive product management system: These website builders provide guidance on adding products, creating variants, tracking inventory, and more. Product management options are numerous and everything is easy to find.
- User friendly website editor: If you want to create a distinctive brand feeling, you need convincing options for website design. The process should be simple, not frustrating. You can also use these builders to add pages that are not part of the store, such as a blog or an "About Us" page.
- Shipping and execution tools: With the help of these platforms you can offer your customers a variety of shipping options. They also allow you to track orders and packages - all in one dashboard.
- Marketing tools and integrations: If you want to generate sales, you have to market your products. I was looking for website builders that would allow you to sell across channels, integrate email marketing tools, and offer powerful SEO features.
- Reasonable prices (and good value for money): Some website builders promise you a perfect online shop and charge a premium for it - but then the e-commerce functions are not that good. The builders on this list are more than worth their money.
To find out which tools you can actually use to build a successful online shop, I subjected a number of ecommerce builders to extensive testing and research. All that remains are the very best that you can find on this list. (The project was the direct result of my ranking the 10 best website builders for 2021). Because I used these tools to build real websites, I was able to fully test what they were capable of and where the ecommerce capabilities were reaching their limits.
1. Wix - The best selection of online store templates with an easy to use product management system
You can customize the design of your Wix online store from a selection of almost 100 e-commerce templates broken down by industry design. With the drag-and-drop editor, you can easily customize any part of your website. And when I say every part, I mean it - Wix is by far the most adaptable website builder out there.
You can also get tons of features from the Wix App Market including options to improve your online store (more on this below), as well as adding blogs, contact forms, photo galleries, and much more.
You can manage your online store entirely from the Wix dashboard Manage: product inventory, order tracking, printing shipping labels and setting up automatic emails for abandoned carts using the built-in email marketing tools.
Some of these functions, such as product management, are built into the e-commerce templates. Others can be found on the Wix App Market. The “Sell Online” app category includes options for payment service providers and freight forwarders, and even direct connections to dropshippers who can quickly process your orders in this way.
I was most impressed by the Wix product management tools. Wix makes really powerful and extensive functions extremely user-friendly. You think you are using a product for beginners, but the result looks like it was made by an expert.
For each product, you can add multiple variants, track inventory, set discounts for specific products, and add labels for important items. Plus, you can create custom product descriptions with more formatting options than most other ecommerce website builders allow.
Other key features Wix has to offer as an ecommerce website builder:
- Automated tax calculations by Avalara (very important if your target group is based in the USA, as there are different tax laws and collection regulations in different counties and states)
- Commission-free transactions
- Multiple payment options - credit or debit cards, PayPal, POS on the Wix Mobile App, and AliPay
- Possibility of customizing shipping terms based on region, weight or item price
All functions of the Wix online shop are also available as a free subscription. In order to be able to accept online payments, however, you have to take out one of the e-commerce subscriptions. These subscriptions also offer you more storage space and analysis options than the other subscriptions. So even if they cost more, they are worth the money. Would you like to compare the various Wix subscriptions in detail? Then read through our expert test.
2. Squarespace - the most impressive online store templates
All of Squarespace's online store templates will make you feel like your store is going to be a huge hit. They are all so striking that I am almost tempted to buy from them. (Then I remember that these are just templates and I'm not really on the website of a gourmet pickle shop).
Fortunately, the ecommerce features can confirm that great first impression. This makes Squarespace an excellent choice for small or medium-sized businesses that need to spruce up their web design.
The templates are a great sight. One has the feeling that everything you do looks good - no matter what it is. That's because Squarespace doesn't let you place page elements anywhere on a page like you can with Wix. Rather, the elements are aligned on a grid. You are guided and still free - the result is some of the best looking websites out there. You can learn more about the Squarespace features from our expert review.
You can customize pages of any type, including the product pages in the Squarespace Block Editor, and add blocks of content like text, images, contact forms, and more. If none of the e-commerce templates suit you, you can add the necessary shop pages to any template with just a few clicks. It then fits seamlessly into the rest of your website.
Squarespace does great for a lot of ecommerce features, but it lacks a few of the little perks that got me excited about Wix and BigCommerce. The product management tools are pretty robust. Most standard tasks like inventory tracking, custom product descriptions with SEO and adding product variants you can do with them. However, some important actions - such as the mass processing of products - are missing.
Here are a few other notable ecommerce features on Squarespace:
- Define discount rules based on order total, product categories or specific articles
- Establish contact with major freight forwarders and specify the exact shipping costs with each order
- Customize check-out pages
- Create product waiting lists for out-of-stock items
- View related products based on categories or tags
Another great benefit of Squarespace is the built-in email marketing tools that allow you to Email campaigns using a block editor (very similar to the Page Builder)
- How can I improve my Salesforce skills
- How is PGGCG 42 Chandigarh
- Clipping path with shadow
- Does competition kill creativity
- Which is better hotels or host families
- Where is the best prostate treatment in Delhi
- What is the position of a commissioner
- Is golf a good practice?
- Who or what would survive the nuclear apocalypse
- How was the Manhattan project kept secret?
- What a problem only smart people have
- Can the turbocharger be repaired
- Which humidity temperature meter is best suited
- Can I drink green tea in the morning
- What regulates initial cell differentiation
- What does reflex
- Why are Mahindra and Mahindra Ford separated
- Has acidic hydroxyl ions
- Are 4 Bs bad in middle school
- Where does Jakarta's soil of society live?
- Blocks AdGuard YouTube ads
- How do dolphin trainers communicate with dolphins
- What does an introduction to statistics teach
- Does literature help us to live 1