Which functions would the best MMORPG have
The best MMORPGs for PC in 2021
Last update: May 20, 2021
Updated: Current information on all listed MMORPGs
MMORPGs are real Time wasters. You can't just play it through and then rush to the next game. Anyone who gets involved in an MMORPG will spend tens and hundreds of hours in it to unlock everything, to explore the world and to memorize the raids.
Do you prefer to play alone? We have compiled the best MMOs for soloists for you in a separate list:
more on the subject
So that you know which game you should invest your precious time in, we have compiled a list of the currently best MMORPGs. However, current does not mean new: Many classics are still among the best representatives of the genre today. Here are our favorites.
World of Warcraft
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment | Platforms: PC | Release date: November 23, 2004 | GameStar rating: 84 (Shadowlands) | Latest expansion: Burning Crusade Classic (June 1, 2021) | Price: 40 € (latest expansion) + 13 € monthly (subscription)
PLUS 8:00 The ten best role-playing games - 5th place: World of Warcraft - »We all died, but it wasn't my fault! Never!"
What's the matter?World of Warcraft is probably the most famous MMORPG in the world and was released in 2004. Developer Blizzard Entertainment keeps the game young with regular add-ons and updates. Even today, hardly any genre competitor comes close to the "King of MMORPGs". With the WoW Classic offshoot, you can even immerse yourself in the past and relive the beginnings of World of Warcraft.
This is what distinguishes World of Warcraft
- An epic story that has developed over the years
- An enormous amount due to the meanwhile seven extensions
- Diverse and varied world
- Even focus on PvE and PvP
- Accompanying cinematic trailers with goosebumps guarantee
- A universe that extends from Warcraft to Hearthstone
Who is it for? Friends of classic MMORPGs who like to organize themselves in guilds and fight raids together in large groups cannot avoid the game today either. World of Warcraft has a bit of everything and, with its classic mode, also offers a decelerated alternative for newcomers and veterans.
What is happening now? In World of Warcraft Shadowlands everyone is eagerly waiting for Patch 9.1, which is currently on the PTR and has no release date yet. That’s what’s currently going on at World of Warcraft Classic. There you can start the new Burning Crusade Classic expansion from June 1st and experience Outland once again.
The Elder Scrolls Online
Developer: Zenimax Online Studios | Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One | Release date: April 4, 2014 | GameStar rating: 83 (Greymoor) | Latest expansion: Blackwood (June 1, 2021) | Price: 40 € (latest expansion)
11:45 a.m. to hell and back! - This is The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood
What's the matter? The Elder Scrolls Online is something like the online version of Skyrim, Morrowind and Co. Of course, the MMORPG differs in many ways from the single-player role-playing games, but it is played in well-known locations in the Elder Scrolls universe and also puts a lot of emphasis on History and includes many familiar races.
This is what sets The Elder Scrolls Online apart
- Experience the Elder Scrolls world online with friends
- Focus on story and small stories
- Known races and places from the role play template
- Lots of fan service for Elder Scrolls fans
- Regular updates and extensions
- Fully voiced quests
Who is it for? For all Elder Scrolls fans and story enthusiasts who love to play online, ESO has just the thing. Soloists also get their money's worth in ESO, as colleague Sascha Penzhorn shows in his single-player test on ESO.
What is happening now? On June 1st, the gates of Oblivion open with the new Blackwood chapter. In the new expansion there is a lot of nostalgia for a new companion mechanic that, like in Skyrim, puts friends and helpers by your side. We were able to play Blackwood in advance and explain in our Blackwood preview how Bethesda wants to pick up old fans and win new ones.
to the comments (436)
- What are some amazing computer science algorithms
- What are some desired costume designs
- Subliminals always work faster
- Axiology What does right works so right
- What do birds feel in an earthquake
- Should patents be abolished
- Why is vegetarianism treated so callously
- How were the Irish treated during slavery
- What is an orthonormal amount
- How was tabla invented
- What are some uses for fulvic acid
- Skype product all-in-one chat client
- Which websites are trusted in harvesting bitcoin
- What is better cake donuts or glazed
- How long do modular furniture last
- Why don't people like Batman
- Is agriculture a growing or declining industry?
- How do I set my goals
- When is someone the happiest
- How do I deal with someone emotionally
- What's the growth in Salesforce technology
- How much is 100 pure cocaine
- What is Srotapanna
- How do you pronounce Jiu Jitsu