What is bad experience
This is a better way to deal with bad experiences
Everyone has bad experiences at times. But to constantly remind yourself how to get yourself while felt that only makes it worse.
There are ways to better digest emotional blows. According to a study by the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, one should focus on the external circumstances rather than on the feelings one went through during this situation.
"You should leave the negative feelings behind and instead think about what else happened during this time. For example, to a friend who accompanied you through this experience. About the weather or other, non-emotional ones Things that are not inextricably linked to this bad memory. This is how you manage to overcome the painful feelings, "says research director Florin Dolcos, psychology professor at the University of Illinois, in a statement. "When you deal with other details, the brain focuses on something other than negative emotions."
The researchers at the Beckman Institute at the University of Illinois examined various subjects using magnetic resonance imaging. Several weeks in advance, they were given the task of remembering an emotionally positive or negative experience (for example, how they failed a test or received a prize). During the magnetic resonance, the negative or positive memories were evoked by clues. Before each hint, the test person was asked what feeling he had during this situation (for example, happy or sad), or in what context this experience took place (what the person was wearing, eating, etc.).
Researchers found that the subjects' brain activities varied depending on whether they remembered the feelings during the event or its context.
"When subjects focused on the external circumstances of this experience, the regions of the brain that were responsible for processing the emotions worked closely with the regions that control the emotions. Ultimately, this reduced the emotional shock of these memories," explained researcher Ekaterina Denkova in a statement.
The strategy of focusing on context rather than feelings during a negative experience works. Instead of letting in frustrating thoughts, we allow our memory to focus on other things. Researchers say this method is more effective than suppressing unpleasant thoughts and memories. Ultimately, this only leads to anxiety and depression, the scientists say.
- Who is the cricketer with the highest score?
- Can I change my board on the 12th
- Stress comes from our imagination
- What are retarders in concrete
- Why is Tesla introducing a new roadster
- What are good alkaline foods and drinks
- Coffee helps you with your work
- How do I create a video ad
- People hate hippies
- Which app did you download and why
- What is autonomic neurophysiology
- Why should I use Google Fi
- Which business is not yet digitized?
- Which fruit juice is your favorite
- How do you think about the cloud
- What are these ICs
- Who is better Marshmello or The Chainsmokers
- What is meant by non-negotiable checks
- What is the verb form of identification
- How is the process of making chain wheels
- Is Patanjali Facewash good
- Can CIA agents smoke weed?
- Where do police officers eat McDonalds
- Is activated charcoal face wash really effective
- How to say redhead in Armenian
- How do plumbers find leaks underground
- Which insect bothers you the most and why
- What are some Paytm Cashbacks Promo Codes
- How does an RF filter work
- What is an electronic bulletin board system
- How is schoology translated into other languages
- How do humble people deal with compliments
- Should the students be informed about cyberbullying
- What do people think of Answerly