What are some chemical properties of platinum
Health effects of platinum
Platinum is a precious metal, the concentrations of which are minimal in soil, water and air. However, there are also a few, more abundant platinum deposits, primarily in South Africa, the former Soviet Union and the USA. Platinum is used as a component in many metal products - such as electrodes - and it can be used as a catalyst for many chemical reactions.
Platinum compounds are also often used as a medicine against cancer. The health effects are highly dependent on the type of compounds, concentration, and immunity of the individual.
As a metal, platinum isn't particularly dangerous, but platinum salts can have negative health effects.
- DNA changes
- Allergic reactions of the skin and mucous membranes
- Damage to organs and bone marrow
- Damage to the hearing system
Platinum is also dangerous because it can increase the toxicity of other chemicals (such as selenium).
Environmental impact of platinum
The use of platinum in metal products does not cause serious environmental problems, but it is known that it can pose a serious hazard in the workplace.
Platinum is emitted into the air by cars that run on catalytic converters and unleaded gasoline.
The effects that platinum has on animals and nature have not yet been thoroughly researched. The only thing we know is that platinum builds up in the roots of plants. It is not certain whether consumption of platinum-rich roots can cause harm to animals and humans. It is believed that microorganisms can convert platinum in the soil into more dangerous substances, but little information is available about this.
Back to the periodic table of the elements.
- How do pistachios help reduce belly fat
- Why is the Arctic warming up so quickly
- Who is Kenny Roger's wife
- Why do so many people lack the imagination
- Where can we get information about Smartip
- Does the Ghost Radar app work
- Has the youth become greedy
- Why don't you take girls
- How useful is the backlink for guest posts
- How can the Common Core be improved
- What exactly should I do about acne
- What's your worst war souvenir
- How are taxes calculated in New Jersey
- Why is there no evolution today?
- What are the characteristics of good actors
- What is Omega in waves
- How do I learn the scientific method
- Which is a successful person or plant
- How do I do Isha Kriya
- What are some interesting curves in math
- Where does carrot grass come from
- Is OnePlus 6 Chinese company
- How can I order Clenbuterol
- Nestle's Maggi was targeted
- Have you ever been fooled by foreigners?
- Passport stamp Visa driver's license
- Can I trust my parents
- Have you ever discovered a new place
- Can you get a loan from AKGEC?
- Do people feel uncomfortable in cities?
- Movement prevents acne
- What is the golden rule when it comes to welding
- What is a friend request on wechat
- Who raised Ganga the Bhishma's mother