Is WhatsApp safe from hack
WhatsApp: You should definitely change these settings
WhatsApp is not optimally configured at the factory. With a few simple steps you can increase the security of your data. You should definitely change these settings.
- WhatsApp is criticized for a change in the basic settings.
- In addition, reports about stolen WhatsApp accounts unsettle users.
- The messenger can be made more secure in just a few simple steps.
A chain letter is currently warning WhatsApp users of a change that Messenger has made to your settings without asking and that you should definitely reset. After all, WhatsApp is increasingly being targeted by cyber criminals who keep coming up with new scams.
Reports of hackers taking over accounts with the help of a simple WhatsApp message ultimately cause uncertainty. Nevertheless, you don't have to switch to a WhatsApp alternative, with a few simple steps you can increase the protection of your data with WhatsApp immensely.
Unlike most online services, WhatsApp does not use the classic login principle with a user name and password. Rather, your WhatsApp account is permanently linked to your telephone number and permanently unlocked using an SMS code
Anyone who gets their hands on your unlocked smartphone will also have access to all of your WhatsApp chats. Additional authentication is possible at least on devices with a fingerprint scanner.
Activate self-erasing messages
Recently, WhatsApp offers a kind of self-destruct mode for messages with expiring messages. If you activate this, all messages that you have sent will be deleted after 7 days. There are ways to outsmart the mode, but this increases the security of the messenger.
Do without cloud backup
If you store your WhatsApp chats in Google Drive or iCloud, you should be aware that, unlike in Messenger itself, they are not subject to end-to-end encryption. If you want to be on the safe side, you should use a local WhatsApp backup instead of cloud backups.
Submit 2-factor authentication
Do you want even more security for your WhatsApp account? With the two-factor authentication described by us in a separate manual, you can protect your WhatsApp account from unauthorized access by logging in if you lose a SIM card or your smartphone.
Enable security notifications
With the security notifications in WhatsApp, you can ensure that a contact is who they claim to be. However, the feature is deactivated ex works. We'll show you how to activate it in the linked instructions.
Deactivate automatic media download
If someone sends you a picture or a gif, WhatsApp downloads it automatically. Malicious code can sometimes find its way onto your mobile phone, for example in October 2019 when a GIF security hole was exploited in Messenger. Therefore, you should deactivate the automatic media download on WhatsApp.
Read status messages unnoticed
If you look at the WhatsApp status of a contact, they will be informed about it. But there are a few tricks you can use to anonymously view the WhatsApp status of a friend, in the linked article we will reveal them to you.
We generally recommend using a VPN on your mobile phone - for a variety of reasons. For example, you can use it to hide your IP address from WhatsApp. We present recommended free VPN services in the linked article.
In another text we will tell you how you can protect yourself from secret readers on WhatsApp.
" Tip:The best VPN providers for more security and data protection
- What is the taste of the color blue
- Cardio exercise gives the best results
- When does our brain reach full size
- What are the types of bats
- How do scientists find cures for disease
- Why not recycle schools
- Fund Indian startups
- Which country is ruled by an autocratic government?
- How do I master time management
- Why do people have different skin colors
- What happened to Kanye West
- How does the Himalayas affect the Indian climate
- Should prejudices exist
- What does understandable mean
- Will cryptocurrency ever make regular currencies irrelevant?
- Shall we love Satan
- What can science explain
- How to manage a grocery store
- What is the medical explanation of POTS
- Does the universe have a certain volume
- What is the Delhi University fee
- Has Harvard research symposia for students
- When should I stop playing?
- What code is self-correcting code
- Is the Shhh symbol recognized worldwide
- Where do cats and dogs come from?
- What are the 10 Laws of Adulthood
- Can I trust my parents
- Should I join the coaching for UCEED?
- How do you get around ASCAP fees
- Was Shankar Mahadevan's breathless really breathless
- How do I commercialize my trading platform
- Is the universe continuous
- Can I uninstall wampserver?