What are the two forms of identification
Identification and authentication
Identification is omnipresent, especially on the Internet you have to identify yourself very often.
Be it before buying in an online shop, when submitting the tax return or simply when using a password-protected page.
But when is identification necessary and when authentication and what is the difference between these two terms?
Granted, the two terms are confusing and often mixed up and mixed up in practice. However, we want to give you a few examples and a memory aid so that you can get used to dealing with these terms.
Identification vs. authentication
ID: Here side A tells side B who it is.
Authentication: Here side A of side B proves that it really is.
In other words, in the form of an example: Identification would be a username, authentication would be the password. ie, if you want to authenticate yourself to a system, you must first identify yourself by giving the system your user name and then authenticate it by sending the system the associated password and it can verify that you are really who you are You pretend.
You enter a company and tell the receptionist your name. You have now identified yourself. Now you would like to have your appointment with Mr. Perceive Müller. You may now need to show your ID or the written invitation you received to authenticate yourself.
With the authentication you ensure that the person who operates the system really has the authorization to do so. The authorizations themselves are assigned in the authorization process.
While you can pass on your data to a second person with authentication, it is not possible to pass on authorizations with an identification procedure, as the identification data is strictly linked to your person. Identification therefore includes authentication when logging on to a system, but not the other way around.
- What can Docker Swarm be used for
- How do Italians perceive the name Ettore?
- What are some self defense knives
- What does DJ stand for in music?
- How do I file a lawsuit
- Why do most people like bullying
- Who is the Director General of UNESCO
- Autoimmune diseases go into remission
- Is NH3 a solid liquid or a gas
- What is a community good or house
- What is your best craigslist car find
- How much do we actually recycle
- What is actually mature
- Who can be a ServiceNow administrator
- Owns George Soros Google
- What do academics really want to achieve?
- What is the Delhi University fee
- Who maintains wind turbines on site
- Which of course kills bed bugs
- Meditation helps with observational skills
- What are Python Collections
- How do I spend time in Office
- When does selective altruism occur?
- Who gave SoHo NYC neighborhood its nickname