Is ageism real
On January 12, 2021, Laura N. Junghanns discussed online with the journalist Tanja Mokosch (including taz, Fluter) and Ilia Papatheodorou from the performance collective SheShePop about women in high and popular culture, hags, cougars, youth madness, wrinkles and menopause.
Women and Age - a Contradiction? Women are not only fundamentally less present in the media - women who seem to have passed a seemingly magical age limit anyway: They disappear from the cinema, advertising, television and the public or only appear in certain role models. An older man who is with a younger woman: normal - an older woman who is in a relationship with a younger man: scandal! What makes the narrative of young people so decisive for the public perception of women and how can it be countered - real and media?
About the guests
- SheShePop is a mostly female performance collective from Berlin. In their work, they often address current social and political issues, for which they also refer to their own biographies. SheShePop has been invited to numerous national and international festivals and is one of the most famous independent theater collectives in German-speaking countries. In autumn 2020 they worked on the evening “Hexploitation”, in which they dealt with the fear of the Hag, the old woman and the witch. Of course, the performers use their own aging bodies for this. With them they fight against the disappearance and the loss of meaning that women suffer as social subjects beyond childbearing potential.
- Tanja Mokosch is a freelance journalist specializing in society, digital and feminism. She writes regularly for the Fluter, the magazine of the Federal Agency for Political Education, dummy as well as for the taz, sueddeutsche.de and Jetzt.de.
Access: The event is free of charge and is streamed live on www.butlerbutchbeyonce.de, viewers can ask questions via chat.
Curatorial Director: Laura N. Junghanns, Dirk Baumann
Moderation: Laura N. Junghanns
Technical management: Charles Deichmann
Scientific Advice: Lynn Berg, Bettina Long
Butler, Butch, Beyoncé is a cooperation project between the equal opportunities office of the TU Dortmund and the equal opportunities offices of the FH Dortmund and the city of Dortmund.
- What is a magma composition
- Can I get notes for GATE preparation?
- Google Chrome is Google's best innovation
- Who is Scientology for Recruiting?
- What is the best matte liquid eyeliner
- Were alive on April 4, 1968
- Is there Freemasonry in Nigeria
- What is predictive nondeterminism
- Why should girls play rugby?
- How secure is CloudFlare's flexible SSL option
- Why do we need steel beams
- Should I buy HTC 11?
- Nowadays how many people love true love
- Why do we sometimes feel alone
- How does political politics relate to the economy?
- What does an Entrepreneurship major include?
- Where's the hottest place on Maui
- What are the most active essays
- Are CPUs and GPUs viewed as semiconductors?
- How do I use Tkinter
- Why are children so addicted to games
- Where do you think Trump will fail
- Allows TCS vacation during the trial period
- In math terms what is an integer