Is the infamous Willie Lynch letter real?
Oliver Wood is a former student of Hogwarts. He was in the Gryffindor house and was the keeper and captain of the Quidditch team of his house.
His biggest dream was to win the Quidditch season at Hogwarts one day. He and his team finally managed to do this in his senior year at school (Wood is four years older than Harry).
In Harry Potter's First Year, Professor McGonagall brings Harry Potter to Wood to tell him that Harry is a natural seeker. Harry has the feeling at first, however, that with Wood (English for "wood") a stick for corporal punishment is meant. The only reason they don't win the trophy this season is because Harry passed out in the hospital wing during the last game.
Oliver Wood is notorious for his fanaticism, his boring booth speeches (in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets almost the whole team falls asleep during one of his speeches) and his tough training methods. His intimate enemy is Marcus Flint, the captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team. Wood and Flint's goal before each game is to break each other's fingers when they shake hands.
After Wood graduated from Hogwarts, he joined the Quidditch team Puddlemere United, the oldest Quidditch team in Great Britain and Ireland, although he's only on the reserve team.
After leaving Hogwarts, the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team liked to joke about him and his fanaticism. When Ron Weasley is poisoned in his sixth grade, Fred and George Weasley say that poisoning with Oliver Wood was no reason not to participate in training.
Oliver Wood also takes part in the Battle of Hogwarts. He and Neville Longbottom recover the dead Colin Creevey. Wood survived the battle.
In the Gryffindor Quidditch team, Angelina Johnson succeeded him as captain, Ronald Weasley succeeded him as custodian.
Notes and sources
- What is life like after marriage in India?
- Why is the news lying
- How much does a typical massage cost
- Why don't people like to eat meat
- How can I crack my SSB
- Two-handed people are smarter
- Should the fairness doctrine be reintroduced
- Jahangir and Salim are the same
- What is a macro language in linguistics
- Can a notary certify a photocopy of documents
- When did Virat's father die?
- Carthage was a plutocracy
- What is Jefferson Finis Davis famous for
- What keeps you playing Clash of Clans
- What is a motor control circuit
- What are your favorite episodes in the Twilight Zone
- What is Pierogi
- What was the first electric airplane
- Is rosemary perennial
- How can someone get angry
- The salvation is overrated
- How does Multi Touch work
- What are you doing too much
- What are the most effective kicks