What ITIL certification can I get
What is ITIL
The ITIL abbreviation stands for IT Infrastructure Library and is a set of comprehensive and interrelated rules for the management of IT services. Such a code of conduct is very useful in order to achieve the efficient support and delivery of high quality, cost-effective IT services.
The OGC, an office of the HM Treasury (UK), maintains the library and releases all ITIL updates. It is independent of the organizations with commercial interests involved in ITIL such as software companies, software providers, system integrators, training providers ... That is why ITIL is so widespread - its greatest asset is independence. You can find more information about ITIL in this ITIL introduction.
Many executives get frustrated trying to rule over the chaos and costs associated with their IT investments, but find few substantive guidelines on how to do it efficiently. ITIL is the most widely used approach to the management and delivery of IT services worldwide.
Many IT departments are reactive and react to events as they occur (e.g. in the event of a server failure). Since unplanned work tasks always take precedence over planned work, it always leads to unpredictable delays. By implementing ITIL, a company can overcome this cycle and gain a clear insight into the total cost of ownership (TCO) and activities in the IT department.
What are the advantages of ITIL?
The successful introduction of IT Service Management with ITIL brings the following advantages:
- Higher customer satisfaction through a professional approach to the provision of services
- Improved IT services through the use of proven best practice processes
- Improved IT ROI through reduced costs and better resource utilization
- Increased competence, performance and productivity of IT employees as well as increased employee loyalty
- Greater transparency of IT costs and greater visibility of IT assets
- A benchmark for measuring performance in IT projects or services
Why an ITIL certification?
The ITIL certification enables you to master the common language of IT professionals worldwide and to increase your position within the IT community, as ITIL is the de facto standard in IT service management.
ITIL gives you an adaptive and flexible framework for managing IT services and encourages you to use common sense instead of following a rigid set of rules. You can find more information in this article.
The ITIL certification
There are four qualification levels for an ITIL certification:
They are based on a point system.
The Foundation level of ITIL certification is suitable for people who need a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and who want to know how it can be used to improve the quality of IT service management within an organization. The ITIL Foundation is worth 2 points. More information about the ITIL Foundation level here.
The intermediate level is suitable for those who need a deeper understanding of ITIL service management practice and its implementation in an organization. There are two ways to get this ITIL certification:
- via the service lifecycle modules (5 times 3 points)
- via the service capability modules (4 times 4 points)
The Expert level builds on the Intermediate ITIL certification and requires a sufficient number of points. 22 points are required: 2 points from the Foundation level, 5 points from "Managing Accross the Lifecycle" and 15 points from the intermediate modules (i.e. either 5 times 3 points from the lifecycle stream or 4 times 4 points from the Capability stream).
For the Master ITIL certification, in addition to the expert certificate, verifiable several years of experience in IT service management is required.
What are the costs of an ITIL certification?
The ITIL Foundation training is mostly offered as a 2- or 3-day training course with an exam. The fees including the training price and examination fee are between € 900 and € 1200 plus VAT.
It is also possible to just take the exam without attending a training course. The examination fees are approx. € 185 plus VAT.
The modules of the intermediate level can be booked individually (training + examination). However, a compact training course for the ITIL Expert certificate is usually also offered. Training to become an ITIL expert including exam costs between € 9,000 and € 12,000.
- What do recruiters hate in candidates
- What is a prey for a lion
- How can water be used to generate energy
- What is important for English
- Are prisons for punishment or rehabilitation
- What book did you read last night
- Turned on Jeff Sessions Trump
- What is the Windows 10 Operating System
- Does speed affect our lives
- Who wrote the Haggadah
- What happened to the Denisovans and Neanderthals
- What is the best drug regulation system
- What is the best album by Insane Clown Posse
- What's bad about being a referee
- Which country has the largest hotel industry?
- Do Bulgarians still have claims to Thrace?
- What is your rating of the Mayo Clinic
- How do you transport an organ instrument
- Which musicians were influenced by Chet Atkins
- Have Akatsuki rings skills
- Hotels can kick you out
- How do white pit bulls interact with children
- BCCI supports other cricket teams
- Could some Catholics be born again Christians?
- Why would anyone play sumo?
- What are some examples of adjustment disorders
- Why is internet dating so challenging
- All good CMS that run with MongoDB
- Electromagnetic waves are transverse waves
- Can TRT lead to excessive sleep
- Why did my answer collapse immediately
- What is Aries Parity
- How is a black dwarf created