Are there really miraculous healings and healings
Article | editorial staff
In the Bible, they actually happen all the time. You could say they are Jesus' trademarks: miraculous healings. But are they still happening today? Wouldn't miracles be a good thing to get rid of disease?
- There are spontaneous healings, but they are rare.
- God sometimes gives healing on this path, but no rules or systems can be derived from this.
- God sits at the bedside of all sick people - regardless of whether they notice it or not.
- Asking God for attention shows that you trust him.
This is one of the things with miracles: They can neither be proven nor influenced and in most cases simply fail to appear. And even if a person is miraculously healed, who is responsible: the sick person because they are such a good person? God because he's kind? Was it God at all? Difficult - because even “bad” people can experience spontaneous healing. God could also be more generous with his goodness. When Jesus lived, God healed all the sick who were brought to Jesus. Can't God do that today too?
There is no answer to that. But obviously people are not getting spontaneously cured of their diseases all the time. In the biblical stories, miracles are always a sign that God is turning and breaking the isolation caused by illness. But miracles are not the only sign of care in the Bible either. Another possible turning of God is that he shows solidarity. That means he makes the same with the sick and suffers with them.
Is that too passive for you? Understandable. But care cannot be understood as a proxy. Accordingly, one can only experience affection as a person affected. And faith cannot be lived in retrospect, but only with trust in the future. Because even spontaneous healing is not an all-round carefree package, because in addition to thanking you, there are still questions: Why did I get sick in the first place? Why did I get well, and not someone else? If I get sick again, will God heal me?
How can you deal with miracle healings now? In any case, you can ask for attention - and even miracles. Because in this request there is a lot of trust that God can intervene. Equipped with this hope, you can face all the steps that are necessary in the course of an illness (operations, therapies, etc.). Perhaps God is miraculously interfering with recovery. In any case, God is at your sick bed and stands by you.
Source: James 5:15Tweet
The seven wonders of the world were a kind of tourism PR coup. The writer Antipater of Sidon (2nd century BC) gave his travel guide the illustrious name: “The seven sights of the inhabited earth” - a top 7 list a lá: Seven buildings that you must have seen before You die. Of these seven, only the pyramids of Gezeh in Egypt remain today.
Source: WitR @ iStockTweet
Source: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900–44), French aviator and writerTweet
konfiweb.de is an online magazine of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria. Every second month there is a new edition which tells with stories, interviews and pictures about life, faith and confirmation. konfiweb.de is a participatory format.
- Why does Antarctica have no wetlands
- Have someone test 150 Bajaj Avenger Street
- What is the most reliable luxury car
- How do I register with McDonalds
- How was the Greek god Hephaestus born
- What inspires you to study software development?
- Why does this C ++ threading program fail
- Why do cryptocurrency supporters hate ASIC mining?
- When is a 9V battery empty?
- What was Nikola Tesla's greatest documented achievement
- How did the Mayans make chocolate
- What is a sun synchronous orbit
- What percentage of people are jealous
- How can you protect yourself from terrorism
- Which operating system is best for online data protection
- Tulsidas actually got Hanuman's darshan
- Why do sellers fail to network
- What is the richest city in Qatar
- What are some fictional examples in literature
- What are living organisms made of
- What element is a Capricorn
- Is there really equal opportunity
- How can I delete something in Hangouts?
- Why do rabbits eat hay
- The body needs soul for consciousness
- Still hunting whales in Norway
- Can I feed puppy chicken soup
- Can I drink expired slimming tea
- How does the syntax work in a language
- How are these Severum cichlids
- How can I meet stray kids
- How do modern supercomputers work