How much body energy is a calorie
Calorie Calculator: How Many Calories Do I Need Per Day?
How much energy does my body need?
Now you can easily determine your individual calorie requirement. If you consume this amount of calories, you will easily maintain your body weight.
The calorie calculator works very simply. Just fill in the mask and you will immediately get two results:
The basal metabolic rate is the number of calories that your body consumes at rest.
The calorie requirement quantifies the total need for calories per day.
Calculate calorie needs - that's why it makes sense
Knowing these values is important if you want to lose weight - or at least not gain weight. Because you probably know that too: "I don't eat that much, why don't my new pants fit me anymore?"
Or: "I just have to look at chocolate and I'll have a pound more on my hips right away." But is that true? Or where is the mistake?
Here is the explanation: It may be right that we don't eat that much at all. But maybe still too much measured by the calories we burn every day. Or we don't consume much, but rather high-calorie foods.
After a bar of chocolate, for example, we don't have the feeling that we've eaten that much, and we aren't full for long. However, we have properly filled the calorie cushion.
Our tip: Use the values determined with our calorie calculator as a guideline for your future diet - depending on your desired weight and figure. That means:
- If you consume the calculated amount of calories, then you will keep your body weight.
- If your calorie intake is regularly higher, you will gain weight over the long term.
- If the calorie intake is lower, you will lose weight.
- For healthy and effective weight loss, the number of calories consumed should be around 500 less than the calculated number.
Losing weight made easy
Would you like to shed a few pounds? Then simply put together your individual FIT FOR FUN diet days. To do this, click on our recipes - and you will find a huge selection of diet-friendly, delicious dishes.
You can further improve the effect by planning a few (more) sports units. Hoola hoops, for example, are currently totally trendy again. This boosts calorie consumption and improves diet success.
Basal metabolic rate and performance metabolic rate
Important to know: The so-called basal metabolic rate is the amount of energy that the body consumes in complete rest to maintain its vital functions.
For better comparability, it is measured at an outside temperature of 28 degrees (this roughly corresponds to body temperature, that is, we do not need any energy to stay warm) and on an empty stomach. In relation to a day (i.e. 24 hours). 4 important facts:
- The basal metabolic rate is individual and is determined by factors such as age, gender, height and weight.
- Warm clothing, for example, can reduce the basal metabolic rate, but it can increase due to a fever or freezing.
- A larger muscle mass also increases it, which is why we can lose double weight through exercise. Especially when the goal is not only to increase endurance, but also to build muscle.
- The calorie consumption is higher not only during exertion, but also when we are resting, because we have built more muscles.
The energy that we consume through exercise (sporting and everyday exercise) is called Performance turnover.
It varies depending on the level of movement and is determined using the so-called PAL factor (Physical Activity Level). Both values added together give the actual calorie requirement.
Calorie needs in men and women
How many calories we should consume daily with our diet varies from person to person. These factors play an important role: Height, weight, daily level of activity, state of health, gender.
For a rough orientation, you will find below average values for the daily calorie requirement for men and women, depending on their respective activity level. You can regularly check your weight with a body fat scale to track progress.
|Exercise per day||Calorie requirement man||Calorie requirement woman|
|Less than 30 minutes||2100-2500 kcal||1800-2000 kcal|
|30 to 60 minutes||2500-2700 kcal||2000-2200 kcal|
|Over 60 minutes||3000-3500 kcal||2400-2800 kcal|
- What are the identification tests for emulsion
- Hermione would wear nail polish
- Should I join the coaching for UCEED?
- The ALL Online Achiever course is available
- Why are AirPods bad for you
- What is an HDTV cable television
- What's next after Hubris
- Prefer sweaters or hoodies
- What does scottish mean
- What is the Japanese translation correct for?
- Are there sharks in Croatia's water
- How can we support African entrepreneurs
- Why is Java more popular than C.
- Why is religion such a lucrative business?
- How to learn screenwriting online
- Super blue blood moons are real
- What are BLDC motors and basic principles
- How does planning an Uber
- What is your rating of superprofs
- Is Donald Trump the Messiah
- How would you describe surrealism?
- Why is there no evolution today?
- How do I get a DNS
- What do you like about scriptwriting