What is Kali Linux 3
Raspberry Pi: Install Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a tool kit for hackers, pentesters and IT security specialists who want to scrutinize networks.
Unlike other computers, the Raspberry Pi does not have a fixed data memory from which it boots. The boot process takes place from an SD memory card, which must first be written with an image. The image is usually a pre-installed operating system. This means that the image is written to the SD card, plugged into the Raspberry Pi and connected to the power via the plug-in power supply. After a few seconds a fully functional operating system is available.
Such a finished image is also available from Kali Linux for the Raspberry Pi.
- The developer company of Kali Linux offers different images for different systems. Select a suitable image for the Raspberry Pi (2).
- Load, unzip and write the image to an SD card.
- Put Kali Linux into operation on the Raspberry Pi.
- Perform an initial configuration.
- Go to the Kali Linux website.
- Download the current image for the Raspberry Pi there.
- Unzip the compressed archive file (under Windows e.g. with 7-Zip).
- Write the image to an SD card (4 GB is enough).
- Use it to put a Raspberry Pi into operation (takes longer than Raspbian).
- The password of the user "root" is "toor".
The ISO image for a live CD or a live USB stick can be found here.
Solution: initial configuration
The password of the user "root" is "toor". After logging in for the first time, you should change the password.passwd
Delete SSH key and recreate it:sudo rm / etc / ssh / ssh_host_ * sudo dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server sudo service ssh restart
Software update:sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Note: The question arises as to whether one should ever do one again after the first software update. The problem is that you want to work with the most stable software version possible. After an upgrade, the software version does not necessarily have to be stable. It may be that you get better software as a result, but it can also be buggy or have fundamentally changed in terms of functionality.
You have to be clear about what you want. Do you always want the latest software with new features and bug fixes? Then you have to expect that one or the other tool may work differently after a long time. Or you leave everything unchanged, even for years, and work with a system that always works.
The stupidest thing that can happen is that you get a pentesting order after an upgrade and you cannot carry it out because the system does not work as usual. And that's only because you absolutely had to upgrade.
Solution: install software
One must say that the image for the Raspberry Pi is a slimmed-down version that has fewer tools. However, that's enough to get you started. What is missing can usually be easily reinstalled using "apt-get".
If you later work with the graphical user interface, it is recommended to install LXTerminal. This terminal allows several terminal tabs to be opened. This can be beneficial for one or the other hacking or pentesting.apt-get install lxterminal
Solution: Start the graphical user interface
Kali Linux on the Raspberry Pi typically starts on the console. First you have to log in and then start the graphical user interface "xfce".startx
Other related topics:
Experience electronics with the Raspberry Pi
All-in-one electronics starter kit for every Raspberry Pi
With breakout board, ribbon cable, breadboard and many electronic components. The whole package is rounded off with an English-language tutorial with programming examples in C, Python and Java for download.
I want that!
- Are you losing muscles because of cardio
- Is nitric oxide a reducing agent
- Which website is suitable for downloading PDFs
- How does an exhaust fan work 1
- Where are Google data centers located
- The tiger is called a cat
- What happens when iron sulfate is heated
- Are there street parades in Cincinnati US
- What is the best children's encyclopedia online
- Can two INFPs be best friends?
- Nest still works without WiFi
- Where is God when you need help
- What is Raphael Saadiq's most successful song
- How I hardened my fingertips
- Can a gay Jain take diksha
- What will Trump's defense against impeachment be
- Do quantum fluctuations have a material cause?
- Are the earth spirits demonic
- How long is a day on Mars
- What does catch weight mean
- What causes macrophage activation syndrome
- How can we reduce compliance costs
- Like Twitter, Quora is dominated by Hindutva
- How do I dispose of old mails
- How old are Romeo and Juliet
- How much can a magazine editor earn
- How to learn to ice skate
- What are some strange but beautiful names
- What is vibrating screen
- Does the Samsung S9 have a user interface
- Should I invest in SofTech Engineers' listing?
- Why do people mock people with autism
- Could marijuana be considered a parasitic plant?
- Are there mountains in Ohio