Bowling alleys are flat
history - The end of a long tradition: the last Mügelner bowling alley closes
The members of the last bowling clubs in Mügeln pushed a ball on a bowling alley in the city for the last time. The members of the Direkt bowling club, founded by business people and craftsmen in 1887, got together with bowling friends who once met for bowling in their free time as employees of the former Mügeln chemical plant. They said goodbye to the "Volkshaus Bahn" in terms of sport. Until these days they met on Thursdays and Fridays for bowling on the track. It is the only bowling alley that still exists in the city. But since the property has been in private hands, and even in previous years, nothing was invested in the property including the sports facility, the house and the manual bowling facility have deteriorated more and more. Whoever entered the rooms felt as if they had been transported to the 1950s and 1960s. The last coat of paint on the walls, carried out by the athletes themselves, didn't help either, because the old coal stove provided warmth in cold temperatures, but it smoked a lot despite the respectful handling.
Mügelner bowlers from Lok were successful
"Now it's over, unfortunately. It's no longer acceptable here, ”says Roland Hirth, one of the“ Direkt ”bowlers. The railway in the Volkshaus was expanded in the mid-1950s. “My father helped set it up at the time. I had to go with it, ”says Hirth. The two railways had their wedding at the time of the BSG Lokomotive Mügeln. Almost every day it was already busy in the afternoon. In the afternoon the youngsters bowled, later the adult teams came. The locomotive bowlers even made it into the district class with several teams, notes one of the men. But the track was also used regularly by hobby athletes from the Mügeln chemical plant Lipsia. Knut Otto and his colleagues at the time belonged to a youth brigade. "We have met here once a week for bowling since 1972," says Mügelner. Seven men are still in the troop.
The Kemmlitzer plant also no longer exists
After the reunification, the property, which had previously belonged to Deutsche Bahn, changed hands several times. Even under the more complicated conditions, the cone groups came together. But now it's finally over. The condition has become unreasonable for users. The bowlers are particularly sad that the lights are now being switched off on the last bowling alley in town, so to speak. The bowling alleys in the former “Hirsch” restaurant, in the former cellar house near Schloss Ruhetal, in the “Gute Quelle” restaurant, in the former “Lamm” or the Ratskeller have long since ceased to exist. The modern system in the Kemmlitzer kaolin factory has also ceased to exist since the former cultural center was demolished. This makes it impossible for the members of the city's oldest bowling club, the “direct” bowlers, to continue the tradition that has existed since 1837. “The craftsmen and business people were not only connected by bowling. Afterwards, for example, we sat together at Heinz Gruhle's in the restaurant, dined, drank and exchanged ideas, ”says Erich König. They always celebrated together, like the end of the year. Torsten Kluge shows the flag of the direct bowlers. His father and grandpa belonged to the club and were responsible for its banner, just as he is today.
Both clubs have long considered what their future should look like. Neither of them want to give up, so they decided to change saddles and make bowling balls roll instead of bowling balls. Everyone agrees that it is an indictment that the last remaining bowling alley in the city can no longer be used.
By Bärbel Schumann
- Could pure socialism ever be implemented?
- What is the essence of makeup
- How does the stochastic gradient descent work
- Was Hannah Baker rude to Clay Jensen
- Why chemistry is a servant of science
- Who controls the Canadian infrastructure
- How important is chemistry in electrical and electronic engineering
- Have you ever ruined a rental car
- How is SCR triggered
- What is successful aging in psychology
- Why should we want fusion power
- Is the route easier than cross country
- What kinds of professions are easy to offend
- How many bots are required in RPA
- Is the Mi headphones better than Sony
- What European foods do the Japanese enjoy?
- Is there an interview for immigration to Canada
- Is Fios a cable
- Shave my face for sure
- Which place begins with the letter G.
- Is it worth buying CDSL stocks now
- Thibault-style fencing would be effective today
- How do I master time management
- Who is the sexiest man alive 1
- Can AC charge a DC battery
- How do you see Colombia
- Is homeopathy the best form of treatment
- Which Indian stocks are undervalued?
- Have you ever been fooled by foreigners?
- What's your favorite strategy for League of Legends
- How far is Andromeda from Proxima centauri
- How do I create a golf handicap