What are some signs of mental abuse
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
The range of possible signs of sexual abuse is large and unspecific, so that it is usually difficult for parents to classify clues correctly. However, behavior change occurs in almost all abused children. Many affected children remain silent out of shame or because they are threatened and sometimes blackmailed. They may also think that nobody will believe them anyway - especially if the abusing person is a member of the family. Many of those affected reported this fear at the point of contact for the independent commissioner for dealing with child sexual abuse (see UBSKM, 2011).
If a child suddenly shows behavioral problems such as excessive anxiety or aggression, it withdraws more often, reacts fearfully and rejecting the announcement of a visit, avoids eye and body contact with this person or makes up excuses not to go into sports or another Going to previously liked club, these can be possible signs of a problem in this regard.
Some children wash constantly to reduce disgust, while others withdraw. Some victims, on the other hand, boycott soap and water so that the perpetrator might leave them alone, unwashed.
Other children do poorly at school because they can no longer concentrate. Some even get better at school because they find refuge there. Some children may experience difficulty sleeping and nightmares. In some cases, risk-taking behavior occurs because the victims feel worthless.
Physical signs of violence may or may not appear. Parents should pay close attention if they notice injuries in their child in unusual places. Typical injuries after sexual violence occur on the buttocks, back, genitals or on the inner surface of the thighs.
Many parents, in their innocence, attach little importance to such behavioral changes; they regard them as a passing mood. But especially when it comes to unexpected behavior, it is fundamentally important to question the child's motives and mood. Parents should then talk to their child about it and ask about the reasons for their behavior. If sexual abuse is suspected, it is best to contact a child and adolescent psychotherapist, child and adolescent psychotherapist or a special counseling center immediately; the next steps will be discussed here.
- What is the best free standing wine storage
- What is your bra and pant size
- What explains the meteoric rise of Amazon
- Are neti pots dangerous
- Who checks applicants' résumés on Google
- How did dingoes come to Australia
- What is the difference between CS and CA.
- Which augmented reality books do you recommend
- Drinking tea speeds up your metabolism
- What is Reba Mcentire's address
- American freedoms are declining
- There is only love after suffering
- Increases exercise progesterone
- When will Samsung release its Tizen operating system?
- Faxes are sent encrypted
- Where should we start the fight against climate change?
- Enjoyed visiting Las Vegas
- What makes INTPs cry
- What is the relationship between energy and information
- What makes a YouTube video interesting
- What is the best beat production program
- What's the most remixed album of all time
- How did vultures develop into scavengers
- We could build living things