Which speaker is best under 2k
Small sound primer: mono, stereo & Co.
Overview of the playback modes
Mono, stereo or surround sound: this is how the various playback technologies differ.
Whether it's a live concert recording of your favorite band or impressive sound effects at a movie night in the home theater - when it comes to the quality of the sound reproduction, there is no avoiding terms such as “stereo” or “surround sound”. But what is actually behind these terms? An overview.
Since the invention of sound recording in the 19th century, playback devices have managed with just one sound channel. The technical term for this is monograph or, for short, mono. The biggest disadvantage of the single-channel technology is that no surround sound can be generated. The recordings therefore sound extremely flat, as we know it from an old gramophone, for example.
From the beginning of the 1960s, so-called stereophony, better known as stereo, became popular. With the help of at least two loudspeakers, a spatial sound impression is generated for the listener. For this effect it is necessary to record the recording with two microphones from different positions. The recorded, individual mono signals are assigned to a left and a right channel during playback. For the listener, the distinction between the two noise sources ensures the spatial stereo effect.
Starting with the recording of concerts or elaborate Hollywood film productions, the age of multi-channel technology began around the year 2000. The playback takes place with more than just two speakers, depending on the number of speakers, a distinction is made between 5.1, 7.1 or even 8.1 standard. So-called surround sound is possible through the exact positioning of the respective boxes around the listener.
The sound literally comes from all sides. In order to be able to enjoy multi-channel sound in your own four walls, a suitable receiver is required in addition to the appropriate boxes. Modern soundbars also offer the option of combining several loudspeakers in one device. The positioning of countless boxes in the room is no longer necessary.
- Why is Yelawolf not more popular
- What are the best product management certificates
- What is the use of positive clipper
- What is liquidation in terms of investment
- How much someone's snoring affected you
- What is Antonio Brown's biggest mistake
- What are the free courses on edX
- Why is ancient India so strongly underestimated
- Manners and politeness are important today
- What percentage of Indian teenagers smoke marijuana
- What is Ymail
- How does politics affect companies in India?
- Is it illegal to resell voucher items?
- Is it worth pursuing anarchy
- How does a boar taste
- Why do old buildings in Mumbai keep collapsing?
- What makes Wordpress very customizable
- Why is my girlfriend pushing me away?
- Why are Windows backup files corrupted?
- Why doesn't Apple Safari re-encode with Swift
- Who is Trump's smartest wife
- Why are La Liga referees blind
- Is Vainglory the best MOBA game
- What is a power supply used for?