What are stray dogs
First steps in finding an abandoned dog:
1. Exercise caution:
An unknown, stray dog always means a certain danger. After all, you don't know what he's been through, how he reacts to strangers, and whether he's sick or injured. Before you approach the dog, you should therefore first observe it inconspicuously. Never approach the animal head-on, but always slightly to the side. Stay calm and relaxed.
If you are very nervous or anxious yourself, it is better to keep your distance. Despite all love for animals, your own safety should be the top priority. In addition, your fear could spread to the dog and you never know how a nervous or anxious four-legged friend will react.
2. Secure the dog
If the animal appears friendly and open-minded, you may approach it carefully from the side. Since a free-running dog is a danger not only for itself but also for other road users, it should be secured if possible.
The easiest way to do this is to have a leash on hand. If not, you can try to lure the dog carefully - with luck and dogged sense, it may follow you.
Another option is to ask a passerby for help. He can then help you back up so that you can carry out the next steps in peace.
3. Look for the owner
Next, you should look around to see if you can possibly find the owner of the dog after all. Talk to passers-by whether they know the four-legged friend or whether they have seen someone looking for their dog.
You can also ring the doorbell in the surrounding houses and ask there. With a little luck, the residents will know the four-legged friend or can help you find them.
If you are in the forest where no one can be seen, you can also shout out loud and stand on a path with the dog clearly visible.
4. Report to the animal shelter or the community
If, despite your best efforts, the owner cannot be located at first, you must contact the responsible community or the local animal shelter and report the dog that has walked in. You are required to take this step by law.
As a rule, the authorities require that the dog be handed over to the nearest animal shelter. Together with a veterinarian who checks the dog's registration in an animal database, the animal shelter tries to find the owner.
If the dog is wearing a collar with a tax stamp, you can also call the German pet register or the Tasso animal welfare association directly and report the dog there. In the best case, the owner can be determined directly via the number and informed about your find.
5. As an alternative to the vet
Another option is to take the dog straight to a veterinarian. This is particularly useful if the dog is visibly bad, it is injured or the nearest animal shelter is simply too far away.
Using a tattoo in the ear, on the inside of the thigh or an implanted chip that many pets have, the veterinarian can use a special reader to determine the number of the four-legged friend. In the best case, the dog is registered with this number in a pet register.
If such a notice is missing or the owner cannot be reached easily, the veterinarian will arrange for temporary accommodation in an animal shelter.
6. Call the police (if steps 4 and 5 are not possible)
If you have no way of taking the dog to a veterinarian or animal shelter, or if you have legitimate concerns about taking the unknown dog with you, notify the police. She will come by and take care of the next steps.
- What is reflective programming
- Has Greyhound security checkpoints
- Learning Arabic is a good idea
- Which Executive MBA course should I take?
- Works Adobe on Mac
- Is an unrecorded relief enforceable
- Where can I get coffee in Ahmedabad
- Why is it wrong to seek attention?
- Are related to acid reflux and IBS
- What kind of jobs does automation not threaten
- Why is Yelawolf not more popular
- The Europeans hate the Arabs
- Why do people believe in something
- Use Sasuke Uchiha among the Rinnegan
- What is the market size for human augmentation
- What are tribal music
- What does scalability mean for you
- 140 is a good iq score
- Are hookahs allowed on the Delhi Metro
- What is your investment philosophy
- How much do consultants charge per hour
- Why do animals have differently shaped bodies
- Why are people so against fur coats
- Has closed the Airtel 3G
- What problems did prayer fix
- How do I live holistically
- What are abstracts
- What are the main language schools
- Can I make it to AIME?
- Which SQL does Redshift use
- Is constipation a symptom of weed withdrawal?
- What are some good indie alternative songs
- Have Akatsuki rings skills
- Cheap pH meters are good