Who can support my training?
Things to know about the federal program "Secure apprenticeships"
What should be achieved?
The COVID 19 pandemic should not turn into a crisis for the professional future of young people and for securing skilled workers. Therefore, as many young people as possible should be able to start and successfully complete an apprenticeship.
The governing parties therefore formulated five measures for securing apprenticeships in their resolution of June 3, 2020 "Fighting the consequences of corona, securing prosperity, strengthening future viability". On this basis, the Federal Minister of Education, the Federal Minister of Labor and the Federal Minister of Economics agreed on common cornerstones for the federal program “Secure training places”. The federal cabinet approved the key points on June 24, 2020.
With the federal program "Secure apprenticeships", the federal government wants to support training companies in all areas of the economy and training institutions in the health and social professions in the current economically difficult situation and to motivate them to maintain their apprenticeship offerings and to encourage young people to continue and successfully To enable them to complete their training.
Specifically, training capacities are to be maintained and expanded, short-time working for trainees avoided, contract and joint training and exam preparation courses promoted and incentives to be created in the event of insolvency or dismissal due to pandemics.
What measures does the federal program include?
- Training bonus (continue training offer): Training SMEs that maintain their training performance despite the pandemic burden compared to the three previous years are supported with a training bonus. For every apprenticeship contract concluded for the 2020 apprenticeship year, you will receive a one-off € 2,000 (after the trial period has ended). For the coming year of training, the bonus will rise to 4,000 euros.
- Training bonus plus (increase training offer): Training SMEs that increase their training performance compared to the three previous years despite the pandemic burden will receive a one-off EUR 3,000 for each additional training contract concluded for the 2020 training year (after completion of the probationary period). For the coming year of training, the bonus will rise to 6,000 euros.
- Avoidance of short-time work: SMEs that continue their training activities despite significant absence from work (at least 50 percent) are funded with 75 percent of the gross training allowance for each month in which this is the case. In addition, the trainer's remuneration is subsidized.
- Contract and joint training: If SMEs are temporarily unable to continue their training due to a pandemic, other SMEs, inter-company vocational training centers or other established training service providers can take over the training for a limited period and the regular training company or the interim trainer receive funding of EUR 450 per week per trainee or trainee. This applies if the business operations of the originally training SME are completely or to a large extent affected by closings or significant requirements due to a pandemic, which significantly impede the continuation of business operations. The minimum duration of the sponsored contract or association training is four weeks, a maximum of 18 weeks can be sponsored (this corresponds to a maximum sponsorship amount of 8,100 EUR).
- Takeover bonus: Companies that take on trainees from companies of all sizes that are insolvent due to the pandemic until they complete their training can receive a bonus of 6,000 euros per trainee - regardless of the size of the company. The premium is also paid if trainees are taken on whose training contract has been terminated or terminated due to a pandemic.
- Lockdown II special grant ": Small businesses providing training can receive a one-off grant of EUR 1,000 for each trainee if the company has had to cease all or most of its business activities since November 2020 due to the pandemic.
- Funding for exam preparation: A training company particularly affected by the pandemic with up to 499 employees can receive a subsidy towards the costs it incurs by providing its trainees with exam preparation courses. The grant is 50% of the costs incurred, up to a maximum of EUR 500.
Where are we standing?
On March 17, 2021, the federal cabinet decided to expand the federal program “Secure apprenticeships” to the training year 2021/22 and to further develop the funding opportunities.
To implement this, the second amendment to the first funding guideline was published on March 26, 2021. It includes the “training bonus”, “training bonus plus”, “avoidance of short-time work”, “takeover bonus” and “lockdown II special grant”.
The revised Second Funding Guideline was also published on April 30, 2021. It includes improvements in the promotion of contract and joint training as well as the promotion of exam preparation.
How and where can which funding be applied for?
Training bonuses, promotion of training remuneration and trainer remuneration to avoid short-time work, takeover bonus and the "Lockdown II special grant" can be applied for at the responsible Federal Employment Agency. Interested parties can easily apply for funding from the employment agencies. You can find all information on how to apply and answers to questions such as "Who can apply for premiums?", "What are the requirements?", "What amounts are paid out?" Or "Which employment agency do I have to contact?"
Funding of pandemic-related temporary contract and joint trainingas well as the grant for exam preparation courses can be applied for at the Deutsche Rentenversicherung Knappschaft-Bahn-See. All information and answers to questions such as “Who can receive funding?”, “Which agreement has to be concluded and when?” Or “Which documents have to be submitted?” Can be found here.
More information can be found here.
How long do the measures last?
Funding will be possible for the following periods:
- For 1 + 2 training bonuses:for the training years 2020/2021 and 2021/2022.
- To 3 Avoidance of short-time work:until December 2021.
- To 4 contract and joint training: until December 31, 2021.
- To 5 takeover bonus:until December 31, 2021.
- To 6 Lockdown II special grant: until July 31, 2021
- To 7 exam preparations: for the year 2021
What is the budget available?
The federal government is making available a total of up to 500 million euros for the federal program “Secure apprenticeships” this year, and 200 million euros have been reserved for 2022.
- What is the use of bromine
- What fuel does the M1 Abrams use
- Nature care or both
- What is a railroad VPU
- Time share hotels are a great option
- What should I choose after graduation
- Can I drink green tea in the morning
- What is the police check for the passport
- Who are the best violinists on YouTube
- What does tomorrow first light mean
- Why do the Democrats want open borders
- How do you bypass a VPN blocker
- What color goes with black and gray
- Are Italians really good lovers?
- What are the benefits of a spa treatment
- Take boxers steroids
- Some YouTube videos are fake news
- What are quarks from 2
- How safe is laser hair treatment
- What are the best quotes about Hitler
- Super blue blood moons are real
- Which is the oldest temple in Bengaluru
- How does a technical supertrend indicator work
- How is a microphone constructed?