What are test cases in C programming
by Andreas Spillner and Ulrich Breymann, 246 pages, dpunkt Verlag, ISBN: 978-3-86490-308-3.
You program - also in C ++. You carry out unit tests on a regular basis. Sometimes you are unsure whether you have tested enough or too much. Take a look at this book, you will find lots of ideas for your daily work!
Does the following situation sound familiar to you? The user story (the feature, the class, the requirement detail) is programmed and ready to be checked in for the continuous integration process. I thought everything through carefully and programmed it properly, but before I check in the code, I will test my system part. It would be too annoying if there were later mistakes whose cause lies in my part; doesn't have to be! So let's start testing. But how and with what do I start and when have I tested enough?
This is exactly what the book gives you hints for! It answers the questions: How do I create test cases? Which criteria help, from when can a test be considered sufficient and thus ended? We believe that every developer also tests, at least his own program code, as described above. And if the developer receives practical advice in his familiar programming language, here C ++, we hope that it will help him in his daily work. The application of the test procedure leads to an improvement in the test procedure and the developer is provided with criteria as to when the test can be regarded as sufficient.
Lean testing stands for a test approach which, on the one hand, takes into account all the important test cases for testing the software, but on the other hand keeps the test effort within a manageable framework. The appropriate balance between too little and too much testing is discussed and debated in any test case design process.
The test case design procedures presented in this book are specifically presented with the corresponding C ++ program texts and the respective test cases. If supporting tools are required when designing the test cases, their application is described. The authors provide useful information on the use of the test procedures and guidelines for their use.
The program examples in the book are available for download
- Which CLEP exam is the most difficult
- How's Kickass Torrent back
- What weightless training has an impact on your entire body
- We are all an invention of the imagination
- Andrew Garfield is the best Spider Man
- When did people start using bathrooms?
- Is social media an industry 1
- What went wrong with Bernie Sanders
- Why are Doritos bad
- Has Cartesian dualism been proven wrong?
- What are living organisms made of
- How do I get Google's definitions of words
- When to plant hydrangeas
- What does Digital Era mean
- Still hunting whales in Norway
- Why do many small businesses never expand?
- What are places to connect
- Almonds help with acid reflux
- What are STP and UTP cables
- How do you create a CloudFormation
- What are forex brokers
- Can you get away with running away
- How big is baby Yoda
- What program are MDickie games made with