How is Thomas Cook Travel
Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection
Photo: picture alliance
Thomas Cook: Closing date for post-processing is May 31, 2021
Subsequent submission of documents for registrations for the voluntary compensation payment by the federal government is only possible up to and including May 31, 2021. Only registrations that have been completed in the portal completely and without errors by this date with all the necessary information, receipts and explanations can be considered for a compensation payment.
Without recognizing any legal obligation and without prejudice to the factual and legal situation, the federal government decided to pay the package travelers affected by the Thomas Cook insolvency the difference between their payments and what they received from Zurich insurance or from a third party based on their security certificate (see press release of the federal government of December 11, 2019).
A free, online registration process was available from May 6th to November 15th, 2020 in order to be able to take advantage of the voluntary compensation payment from the federal government. The registration deadline was met by registering or registering on the Thomas Cook federal portal for the first time. In the event of any queries or missing information and documents, the package travelers concerned will be automatically contacted and asked for follow-up processing. Post-processing is last possible on May 31, 2021.
Complete the incomplete registration by April 1, 2021
Package travelers who have started their registration in the federal portal on time by the registration deadline of November 15, 2020 but have not yet completed their registration, we strongly recommend that Registration to be completed in the federal portal by April 1, 2021 at the latest. This ensures that the registration can go through the test procedure and that there is still enough time for any necessary post-processing of the registration until May 31, 2021.
Complete incomplete registration as soon as possible
We strongly recommend that package travelers of Tour Vital Touristik GmbH or Thomas Cook International AG based in Switzerland who have started their registration for the registration process by the registration deadline of November 15, 2020, but have not yet completed their registration to be completed as soon as possible. Sending the personal identification numbers for the rest of the registration process is only possible on the basis of a complete and completed registration.
Submit required post-processing by May 31, 2021
Package travelers, whose registration resulted in a need for follow-up processing, please submit the required information and documents by May 31, 2021 at the latest.
Affected package travelers will receive further information by e-mail to the address given in their registration account.
For further questions, in particular any problems with the registration process, please contact
A hotline on +49 (0) 361 606 670 12 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on working days
provided. Affected package travelers are asked to understand that due to the high number of affected package travelers, waiting times on the hotline can be expected. It is recommended, if possible, to first use the additional help on this website as well as the help text and the explanations that are available in the Thomas Cook federal portal.
Guide: How do I receive the voluntary compensation payment from the Federal Government?
For one fast and smooth registration affected package travelers please note the following notes:
1. Registration in the insolvency proceedings of the respective tour operator
- Thomas Cook Touristik GmbH / Bucher Reisen & Öger Tours GmbH: HWW hermann wienberg wilhelm Insolvency administrator partnership (URL): https://thomas-cook.insolvenz-solution.de
- Tour Vital Touristik GmbH: Mr. Insolvency Administrator Attorney Hans-Gerd H. Jauch, Salierring 48, 50677 Cologne
Thomas Cook International AG based in Switzerland: bankruptcy proceedings in Switzerland, responsible bankruptcy administrator / auxiliary person: District Office Höfe / Baur Hürlimann AG (https://tcint-konkurs.ch/)
2. Registration of the travel claim for the insurance benefit from Zurich
3. Registration for the voluntary compensation payment in the federal portal of the respective tour operator
Thomas Cook Touristik GmbH / Bucher Reisen & Öger Tours GmbH: You can find the federal portal on the website of the insolvency administrator: https://thomas-cook.insolvenz-solution.de
- If you have registered your insolvency claim online (step 1), use the user account you have already created. Log in, select the "Creditors area" and there the button "To the Thomas Cook Bundportal".
- If you have registered your insolvency claim in writing, please create a user account and contact the hotline on +49 (0) 361 606 670 12 (weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
- Tour Vital Touristik GmbH: You can find the federal portal at https://tour-vital-bmjv.insolvenz-solution.de. Create a user account and follow the instructions in the portal.
- Thomas Cook International AG: You can find the federal portal at https://tc-international-bmjv.insolvenz-solution.de. Create a user account and follow the instructions in the portal.
Tips to avoid post-processing
Which tour operator is responsible for the respective package tour?
The voluntary compensation payment by the federal government is made for the tour operators Thomas Cook Touristik GmbH, Bucher Reisen & Öger Tours GmbH, Tour Vital Touristik GmbH and Thomas Cook International AG based in Switzerland. These tour operators have sold trips under various brands such as "Neckermann Urlaubswelt", so that in individual cases it can be difficult to identify the tour operator responsible.
You can find out who is responsible for your tour operator with the help of your travel confirmation / invoice:
Thomas Cook Touristik GmbH: The payee stated on the invoice is "Thomas Cook Touristik GmbH", even if Neckermann, for example, is printed on the invoice. Thomas Cook Touristik GmbH is named as a (travel) operator in the security certificate.
Bucher Reisen & Öger Tours GmbH: The purpose to be used for payment contains a "BU" and / or a pictogram with the inscription "Bucher Reisen" is displayed on the top right of the travel confirmation / invoice. Bucher Reisen & Öger Tours GmbH is named in the security certificate and at the bottom of the first page of the travel confirmation / invoice.
Tour Vital Touristik GmbH: A pictogram ("Tour Vital") can be seen at the top right of the travel confirmation / invoice. "Tour Vital Touristik GmbH" is mentioned at the foot of the first page of the travel confirmation / invoice with the address.
Thomas Cook International AG: "Thomas Cook International AG" is mentioned in the address on the security certificate and at the foot of the first page of the travel confirmation / invoice.
Did not receive a PIN - what should be done?
Package travelers from Tour Vital Touristik GmbH or Thomas Cook International AG who have not yet received a PIN to register in the federal portal are asked to check whether they have registered in the correct federal portal for the voluntary compensation payment. Which federal portal is the right one is explained above. In the event of an incorrect registration, the registration in the wrongly selected portal must be withdrawn and placed in the correct portal.
Furthermore, it must be checked whether the authorization for data retrieval and data transmission requested in the respective portal has been downloaded, signed in full and fully uploaded to the portal again.
Complete upload of all requested documents
In order to ensure that the registration for voluntary compensation payment is processed quickly, post-processing should be avoided. In the case of a large number of registrations, requests for follow-up processing must be sent due to incompletely uploaded legal declarations or documents. Affected package travelers are asked to provide the necessary supporting documents fully upload.
At legal statements are all pages, not just upload the signature page.
At Travel confirmations / invoices the pages with “the fine print” and the page with the security certificate must also be uploaded.
Fully sign the legal declarations
Affected package travelers are also asked to ensure that the legal declarations to be uploaded on the portal are completely signed, i.e. in all signature fields on all declarations.
At underage travel participants the signature of both parents is usually required. The FAQs below provide further information.
Digital signature reproductions as well as signatures in Block letters are not allowed.
Correct specification of payment refunds
When registering for voluntary compensation payment, a distinction must be made between the insurance benefits provided by Zurich insurance (via KAERA or Travelsafe) and other payment reimbursements. Zurich's insurance benefits must be specified in the registration process in a separate section ("Reimbursement by Zurich (security certificate)"). Other payment refunds, e.g. the reimbursement of a direct debit or a received chargeback of a credit card payment, but not the insurance benefits from Zurich are in the "Payments on the travel price" section to enter.
Lack of internet access - what to do?
Of course, package travelers who have no internet access register for voluntary compensation payment. A paper-based registration is offered for exceptional cases. The employees of the telephone hotline (see below) of the Thomas Cook federal portal compile individually adapted documents on request and send them to you by post.
Protection against Internet fraud and phishing
The Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection will never ask you to disclose confidential data by email, not even for security reasons. Here you will find further information on how you can protect yourself against fraudsters who are after your confidential data when registering for the voluntary compensation payment from the federal government.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the portals
...you'll find here.
Contact & further information
If you have any questions, especially any problems with the registration process, please contactWorking days from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.Hotline at
+49 (0) 361 606 670 12
You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the registration process here.
Thomas Cook signpost
Thomas Cook: How do I get the voluntary compensation payment from the federal government?
- What screams I'm an untrustworthy person
- What is your favorite childhood memory
- What does trick daddy mean
- Why is Olschiefer not asked
- What is rj45
- Can emotions be reasons for decisions?
- What is LML
- How can you pull a Molex connector?
- Which materials can replace wood for closets?
- You could shave yourself with a machete
- How can universities improve computer science teaching
- How many cultures are there on earth
- Where do digital cameras come from
- What is the difference between spending and distributing
- How far will you travel for Thanksgiving
- How to calculate a percentage discount
- Is ITM good for an MCA
- How is the night life in DeLand FL
- Who is the best gift for Diwali
- What is Trifacta working on
- Why does my cat like to eat plants
- Is water the best diuretic
- What is the importance of the tribal society
- Adobe Premier Pro is free to download
- What is the mass of antimatter
- Drive trains all night in Japan
- How serious is ileus
- What is the design process in architecture
- How to grow a Nepenthes plant
- Why is coating important
- Why is online education for professionals effective
- How do you learn website design
- What is 16 15 5 6
- Why is most of the trance music in English