What are the different uses of sulfur
to directory mode
Sulfur exists in very different allotropic modifications, the most important of which are characterized in the various states of aggregation below:
Under normal conditions, the rhombic sulfur (α-sulfur) is the only thermodynamically stable form. α-sulfur occurs in crown-shaped, eight-membered rings.
Above 95.6 it converts to monoclinic sulfur (β-sulfur). The molecules in the crystal lattice are rearranged. The conversion speed is relatively slow.
At 119 the monoclinic sulfur melts to λ-sulfur. The rings now slowly transform into rings of different sizes, mainly n = 6, 7, 9, 12, but also up to n = 26; π-sulfur. The λ-sulfur melt is initially thin and yellow. At 154 there is a drastic increase in viscosity with the formation of polymeric μ-sulfur.
Above 185, the viscosity decreases as a result of increasing cracking, with the formation of diradical chain-like sulfur molecules.
At the boiling point 444.6, the melt is dark red-brown and thin. In the gas phase, there are temperature-dependent equilibria between molecules (n = 1-8). Only above 1,800 are there any significant amounts of sulfur atoms.
If liquid sulfur melts are quenched by pouring them into water, what is known as plastic sulfur is obtained, which mainly consists of λ- and µ-sulfur. It is tough, elastic and soluble in pyridine. The sulfur atom chains are arranged helically with approx. 10 atoms on three turns. There are right and left handed screws next to each other.
- What Are Some Good Website Hosting Companies
- Which modern authors do you think are overrated?
- What is profile financing in real estate
- Why don't schools teach taxes to students
- Have NiMh AA batteries security slots
- What are butterfly panels for?
- What was wrong with Hitler's left hand?
- What is the future of InterviewStreet
- What is the measure for the mass
- Which musical chord combinations evoke which emotions
- Why is Sachin Tendulkar overrated in India?
- Why do you think people are asking questions
- How can you forget your wife's past
- Presumptuous rich people make you sick
- Why does raw broccoli cause stomach pain
- How is Amity Lucknow doing for aerospace engineering
- Computer programming why is void considered unsafe
- What is your opinion on Kylo Ren
- What did Joseph Stalin do in World War II
- Why is Na2HPO4 an acidic salt
- How's the parking in Jacksonville FL
- How hard is a banking job
- What is e-commerce management
- How progressive is Pittsburgh
- Is PLA polylactic acid paramagnetic or diamagnetic
- What's your favorite Buddy Guy song
- Have you always lived in Australia?
- Corsican is an official language
- Are employee surveys evaluated by management
- Which mental disorders are often misdiagnosed?
- When did you realize that you were successful?
- How was the WTO brought into being
- How can we explain this in English