Why does my laptop restart automatically
Windows PC just reboots - you can do that
Your PC restarts automatically and unexpectedly? If the process happens frequently and randomly under Windows 10 without an additional error message, the cause of the problem is not always easy to identify. We'll show you possible solutions on how to fix the unwanted reboots.
Blue screen with error message
If you receive an error message with a code, you can identify the source of the error relatively easily. Be it an error in the hardware such as the CPU, the RAM or the graphics card, an error code quickly leads to the possible cause. In the course of this, we have already written you several tips + tricks articles that can help you troubleshoot. To do this, follow our appropriate instructions:
If your computer just reboots without warning, deactivate the option to automatically restart to display error messages.
How to turn off the auto restart option
Deactivate the corresponding function so that the system does not restart permanently without an error message.
Restart without error message
If the PC still restarts for no reason and does not display an error code, the problem may be more profound. Defective hardware such as a defective power supply unit, CPU or graphics card can be possible causes. Follow our step-by-step guide to successively identify possible errors that will cause Windows 10 to restart.display
Step 1: Check the power supply
The power supply unit may have a loose connection. Check if the problem persists with a new power supply. You may borrow a power supply unit to rule out this source of error.
Step 2: Uninstall newly added software
The second step would be to fix the malfunction using the software last installed. To do this, uninstall any software that has recently been added since the unwanted reboots began. Reinstall the programs one by one to find out whether it was possibly due to faulty software.
Step 3: Update BIOS
Updating the BIOS of your computer can resolve unexpected reboots. Read our article on how a BIOS update works.
Step 4: Perform a system restore
Has the problem started recently? Restoring the system can help here. You can find out how to restore your computer to a restore point here.
5th step: Update hardware drivers and rule out possible defects
Update your drivers in Windows 10 to rule out outdated drivers causing the restart. Also not enough RAM could be the reason that Windows is busy and restarting. In addition, an actual Hardware failure on your hard drive are present. It may be physically damaged. Here you should connect the hard drive to another computer and your Secure data. Then format the hard drive and then restart your computer.
Using the exclusion principle, you can dismantle or remove hardware that is not required one after the other and then reconnect it gradually until the error appears again. An example: Your computer runs smoothly, but as soon as the graphics card is plugged in, the PC simply restarts. Now either the drivers are out of date or the graphics card is defective.
- How do I get a better routine
- Is it risky to start a new life?
- What are colors that represent melancholy
- Can you describe Sikkim and Darjeeling?
- Calcium tablets increase body size
- How does Canada's Food Guide help us
- What are helpful social skills
- Would you consider the Weeknd Hip Hop
- Who taught you how to use chopsticks?
- How do antipsychotics change people's mind
- Why does Germany import and export
- Who raised Ganga the Bhishma's mother
- Windsor Castle is open to the public
- What is a phone
- How to quit smoking with acupressure
- What are some strange addictions that humans have
- Who are Lucifer's brothers
- What are the benefits of compliance
- How do people discover viral content
- Did the genocide of the Armenians take place?
- Shall we get what we want?
- Who were the grand empress's widows?
- How heavy is precalculus in hs
- How do listened toads behave