Pulls an all night bad
Physical complaints can disrupt sleep
Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
Snoring is already quite common among young children: around seven percent of all 2- to 6-year-olds snore regularly. But not all snoring is the same. So-called primary (even, quiet) snoring is rather harmless and occurs especially in children with very narrow nasal passages, enlarged polyps or a narrow midface.
Another cause of childhood snoring can be the so-called obstructive (airway narrowing) sleep apnea syndrome (OASA), a breathing disorder during sleep. Snoring is usually accompanied by strained breathing, sometimes with small, often irregular breathing pauses that make the child sleep very restlessly. Oxygen deficiency can occur at night because the children cannot get enough air. Mostly this is due to a significant narrowing of the upper airways. The obstructive sleep apnea syndrome is rather rare (up to two percent of children in toddler age), but it can have serious consequences on the growth and development of the child. Even with certain disabilities (e.g. Down syndrome or cerebral palsy, a brain disorder), breathing disorders and interruptions can occur more frequently. If your child snores regularly, the cause should definitely be clarified by a pediatrician.
Regardless of the cause, snoring can significantly worsen the child's sleep quality due to the "noise nuisance", which also affects the child's day-to-day well-being and the child's ability to concentrate. It has been found that the school performance of elementary school children who snore is worse than that of their non-snoring schoolmates. Children who snore are also more likely to show behavioral problems. One more reason to visit the pediatrician in any case if your child snores regularly.
- What is the speed of the lift
- What are the side effects of benzodiazepines
- Garmin Oregon 700 has a Strava integration
- There are logical errors
- What are the attributes of beautiful harmony
- Does the human body produce cocaine?
- Who is the richest NBA owner
- How many types of apps are there
- International SIM cards for tourists 1
- Where can I get coffee in Ahmedabad
- Scientific control is deductive reasoning
- What is the best textbook for Hebrew
- Which Mazda car is a 7 seater?
- Is innovation and entrepreneurship a good major
- What tests are carried out on bricks
- Why are cycas palm plants expensive
- What is the longest penalty shootout of all time
- What ITIL certification can I get
- Can oil geoscientists work in the ocean?
- What are the Fastest Affordable Jets Planes
- What is a magma composition
- How does a degaussing wire work
- Should I go to graduate school
- What is it about environmentalists