Are the Chinese interested in the preservation of monuments?
Storm over China / ZDF documentary on Whit Monday about the secret of the first emperor
01.06.2006 – 09:26
"Storm over China - The Secret of the First Emperor" marks the beginning of six ZDF cultural documentaries on historical China on Whit Monday, June 5, 2006, 7:15 pm on ZDF. This one-hour documentary by Christian Twente is about the riddle of the world-famous terracotta army at the tomb of the first emperor.
Qin Shi Huangdi, "First Exalted Emperor of Chin" - the man who gave China its name - was the architect of the first Great Wall and the builder of one of the most massive tombs in the world. At exclusive filming locations and with unhindered access to the research on the grave, the ZDF team succeeds in shedding light on the darkness of this building and shedding light on the person of the first emperor. Almost every day, Chinese archaeologists and their colleagues from the Bavarian State Office for the Preservation of Monuments come across new finds, which are implemented exclusively for this film in a 3D reconstruction of the tomb. With the help of elaborately designed computer-generated images, the docudrama opens up a fascinating insight into the shadowy realm of the first Chinese emperor for the first time.
The other films about historical China, which will be broadcast in autumn 2006 and 2007 in the "ZDF Expedition", deal with the legendary icons of Chinese culture: With the Forbidden City of Beijing, for example, that stone image of the cosmos, palace of two dynasties and place of residence of a hundred thousand eunuchs and concubines. Or with the Great Armada of Admiral Zheng He, which at the beginning of the 15th century advanced on a peaceful mission to Africa, with dragon ships ten times the size of Columbus'. The large documentaries, which are created in original locations and in elaborate scenic reconstructions, go back to an agreement between ZDF and the largest Chinese television broadcaster CCTV - China Central Television.
Photos are available from the ZDF picture service, phone: 06131 - 706100, and from http://bilderdienst.zdf.de/presse/sturmueberchina
Phone: 06131/70 - 2120
Original content from: ZDF, transmitted by news aktuell
- What is a black CIA site
- Do I still qualify for financial support?
- Is the Zika virus in Pakistan
- Why did Alexander the Great visit Diogenes
- How lightning causes death
- How do I dribble in football
- What is the main work of IFS
- What plants attract snakes
- Which are MLM fastest companies in Gujrat
- How does projection mapping work
- How valuable are bacteria to humans
- How can I make shiny wooden cabinets
- What qualities make Greek art important
- Why do guppies die
- How can a brand build loyalty
- Makes green cabbage a good salad
- Is the Yamaha P115 a good piano
- How does 23andMe calculate the probability of illness
- Why do some people dream a lot
- Is biomass a renewable energy source
- All cultures experience the same emotions
- What is plastic injection molding processing
- Is AEW the future of wrestling
- Where can I get a solid mercury