What is the childhood equivalent of getting drunk
Poverty and childhood
This volume compares the causes and manifestations of child poverty in East and West Germany, in rural and urban areas as well as in the so-called First and Third World. As part of a “dual poverty research” that captures social structures and subjective (children's) perspectives as well as getting to the bottom of the (infantilized) poverty structure, the researchers develop counter-strategies for education, family, social and development policy as well as concepts for the social Work and social pedagogy.
"The book can - without a doubt - be regarded as a standard work on child poverty as soon as it is published." (Health and Social Policy 5-6 / 2003)
"The book is ideally suited as a scientifically sound basis for a changed child policy. It is insightful and conveys perspectives beyond the day." (Oskar Negt, in: Der Tagesspiegel of November 3, 2003)
Work Poverty Poverty Research Family Family Policy Globalization Children Child Poverty Childhood Social Policy Welfare State City Structure Wellbeing Social Work
About the authors
Prof. Dr. Christoph Butterwegge is head of the political science department at the University of Cologne.
Prof. Karin Holm is head of the Third World Office in the Social Pedagogy Department at the Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences.
Prof. Dr. Margherita Zander works at the Department of Social Affairs at Münster University of Applied Sciences.
Barbara Imholz, Michael Klundt, Caren Michels, Uwe Schulz, Gisela Wuttke and Matthias Zeng have worked on the research group "Poverty and Childhood" which they lead.
- Book TitlePoverty and Childhood
- Book Subtitle A regional, national and international comparison
- AuthorsChristoph Butterwegge
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-663-09294-0
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 2004
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden
- eBook PackagesSpringer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-33707-4
- eBook ISBN978-3-663-09294-0
- Edition Number2
- Number of Pages, 320
- Number of Illustrations4 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Topics Sociology, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- What is a tourist center
- What are mathematical identities
- Where do data engineers work
- What does 1111 and twin flames mean
- How can you be outstanding at programming
- Are there prop profiles on Match Com
- How many times has someone defeated Thanos
- What are TF chaser characters
- Why is my dog winking at me
- Does a purely digital Xbox make sense
- Why is there no evidence for Jesus
- How do I make egg shampoo
- Windsor Castle is open to the public
- Does the percentage in KIIT matter during the placement?
- Was the Ottoman Empire weaker than the Mongols
- What is the best cheap ukulele
- What is project management and leadership
- Is Freemasonry Muslim
- Who is Aleister Crowley
- Which is better Tableau or Seaborn Matplotlib
- How can I diagnose an autistic child
- Why do patients hurt doctors these days
- Are fruits considered as plants
- What were the Hollywood Ten accused of?
- What is TDD and ADD
- What is Canada Investment Visa
- What is secret chat in telegram
- Who smokes cigarettes the most?
- Think genetics has evolved too
- Touchscreen laptops use more battery
- Trust Snopes com
- Spotify Shuffle is random
- How fragile are optical cables
- What's your favorite dish in Southeast India