What does Alarp
The ALARP concept
The ALARP concept is a method of risk reduction. The procedure is used, for example, in risk management, but also in risk assessments and hazard analyzes. According to the ALARP concept, hazards and risks are to be reduced to a level that guarantees the maximum degree of safety that is reasonably practicable (ALARP = "As Low As Reasonable Practicable").
In product development, this means, for example, that risk reduction measures for identified risks only have to be implemented if they are also reasonably practicable (financially and / or technically feasible with reasonable effort). Of course, this always goes hand in hand with considering the extent of the damage and its probability of occurrence.
ALARP principle in risk assessment
As part of a risk assessment, the hazards of a machine or system are determined and evaluated. This is often done with the help of a risk graph (RISK MATRIX). With the help of an F-N curve, it is then possible to visualize very clearly which risks are in the acceptable range, which are in the ALARP range and which are in the unacceptable range. In an F-N curve, the two parameters Probability of occurrence and Extent of damage merged.
F-N curve with ALARP area
Existing hazards are identified, assessed and evaluated in a risk assessment. About the evaluation of the sizes Probability of occurrence and Extent of damage there is a classification for each individual risk in the risk graph. If a risk is in the unacceptable range, mitigation must be performed until the risk falls into the ALARP range. If this is not possible, a cost-benefit analysis must be used to determine whether the expected benefit outweighs the risks.
- Certain lightbulbs can cause cancer
- What is a polysyndeton
- Why do I get light chest acne
- How do I get a grill
- Why do people use two names
- When will an investment banker make millions?
- What does a one-time billionaire mean
- Can I do an MBA right after the BBA?
- What are the Benefits of Covered California
- Can antibiotics help with catarrh?
- Why can some species see more colors?
- How to convert kips to newtons
- Grow lychee in Australia
- What are some goals for girlfriends
- Which picture is your mobile screen saver
- Why do some people rarely dream
- Is Google concerned about the AdBlock extension
- What is the oldest globe
- How light my skin
- What games teach the principles of electronics
- Is Oyorooms overrated
- Why is a man unsuccessful
- What does the displacement measure
- Does not encourage mediocre work hourly wages