Can I take ibuprofen for a headache?
Headache: what really helps against the pain
1. Aspirin works slowly
That's not true. The aspirin with the water-soluble active ingredient acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), which is probably the most frequently used for headaches, is much more of a turbo among painkillers and works as an effervescent tablet after 15-20 minutes. The other pain relievers for headaches take about an hour to relieve the pain.
2. Headache relievers can be bought over the counter and are therefore harmless
Pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic - the positive effects of Aspirin & Co are undisputed and the pain relievers for headaches and migraines are freely available. However, this should not lead to unauthorized or even preventive use. Because the remedies are far from being lozenges.
Regular use of painkillers can damage the stomach, kidneys and liver. As a rule of thumb, pain medication should never be taken for more than three days in a row and no more than ten days per month.
3. headache? Take a tablet and be good.
Just take the right medication in a sufficiently high dose and the pain in the head and neck will be overcome? That's not true, at least not in the long term. Tablets are always only part of a pain therapy and aspirin & Co only suppress the sensation of pain, but does not eliminate its cause. Anyone who regularly suffers from headaches should definitely see a doctor and clarify the causes.
4. It is better to take half a tablet first
D rather not. If you have a painkiller, then it should be in the right dosage. This is the only way to guarantee their optimal effect. Overdoses can be harmful, especially if you take them frequently, if you stay well below the recommended dose, the drug does not work against the headache and the body is only unnecessarily stressed.
5. If you have a headache you need rest
That's not true. The most common of the headache types is the so-called tension headache. Generally, tension headaches are triggered by stress or tension in the neck.
Symptoms are dull, oppressive headaches that make you feel like you're in a vice. It is a mistake that rest is the best medicine. Because moderate movements or walks often relieve tension and thus also tension headaches.
Migraine attacks are something completely different. Because these are not just particularly severe headaches, but a neurological disease that has nothing to do with tension headaches. Migraine attacks can last for up to three days, and the often pulsating pain is exacerbated by physical activity.#Subjects
- Would you tell me a secret?
- How is clean water transported?
- How does the stochastic gradient descent work
- What is wasting soda
- What does Chongo mean in Spanish
- If x 3 49x what is x
- Which cities have MLS teams
- Is Phuket a good place to retreat
- What is the NIMCET 2017 curriculum
- Can I get in shape at 50?
- Where and how did abstract expressionism come about
- Reference is important when applying for YIF
- Russian is a Baltic language
- Do people have the right to discriminate?
- Where can I adopt cats in Pune
- What is your favorite Carly Simon song
- Does anyone enjoy fundraising for startups?
- A virtual machine is required for reflection
- Who checks applicants' résumés on Google
- Who are Zady's competitors
- Why do we have a tailbone
- What is the building block crusher price list
- Which limits the speed of the spacecraft
- Why did John Lilly leave Mozilla