Is Christian but not religious biblical
Lexicon for the Kirchentag Agnostics - and other views on God and faith
A Christian is a follower of Christianity. He is committed to Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings, which are handed down in the New Testament of the Bible. Part of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Jesus took on the guilt and sins of mankind on the cross and that the believers are forgiven by his death. Christians also believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Atheist and agnostic
An atheist believes that there is no god or gods. An agnostic assumes that the existence of a supernatural being, a god, or gods can be assumed, but in principle cannot be rationalized or recognized. When asked whether there is God, an agnostic replies with "I don't know", "That is not clear" or "That cannot be answered". An atheist would answer this question in the negative and therefore could not be a believer. For the agnostic, on the other hand, ignorance does not exclude belief in a god or gods.
In addition to Christian, atheist and agnostic, there is also the term pagan. This is how people were and are often referred to who either belong to no religion or to another religion. It is not uncommon for the term to be used to devalue members of other religions as unbelievers. So a pagan is by no means an unbeliever. Even those who believe in several gods or are followers of a natural religion are pagans and sometimes even call themselves that. However, representatives of these religions are now referred to as polytheists, new paganists or animists, for example.
Heretics and blasphemy
Anyone who takes a different view of doctrine or prevailing opinion within a religious community is considered a heretic. Anyone who publicly denies, mocks or curses the beliefs of a religion is doing blasphemy. While in Western countries many statements about belief, religion and God fall under the freedom of religion, opinion and speech, blasphemy is a criminal offense in other countries. In Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran it carries the death penalty.
- What is the mother tongue of God
- How much does an excavation cost per hour
- Is it a sin to masturbate?
- What does catch weight mean
- Who is going to marry Deepika Padukone
- Will fold 100 polyester
- Do you tic when you have sex?
- What is the Russian Peresvet laser weapon
- How does lifestyle affect your periods
- How was Socrates seen by his contemporaries
- Objectively, Justin Timberlake is a good dancer
- Is RHEL 7 slower than RHEL 6
- How many centuries did Virat Kohli achieve
- What is a real ESFP
- Can I have eno after antibiotics
- What is an inner ear disease
- What's in a gluon
- Where can I buy steroids online
- You have to watch
- How does the IMAP protocol work
- Should I correct a narcissistic lie?
- How are static variables used in Java
- What was unusual about Beethoven's 9th Symphony
- Can protect aluminum foil from radiation