What is tone inversion
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Cases:
- Nominative: singular inversion; Plural Inversions
- Genitive: singular inversion; Plural Inversions
- Dative: singular inversion; Plural Inversions
- Accusative: singular inversion; Plural Inversions
- In | ver | si | on, Plural: In | ver | si | o | nen
- IPA: [ɪnvɛʁˈzi̯oːn]
- 1) repentance, reversal of a thing
- 2) Linguistics: Change of a word or sentence structure from a more common to a less common sequence and the result of this change
- 3) Chemistry: The conversion of cane sugar into a mixture consisting of glucose and fructose
- 4) Meteorology: A temperature reversal in the atmospheric layer at which the temperature rises unusually
- 5) Music: The note sequence of the intervals is reversed
Derived from the Latin inversio, which means reversal and implementation
- 2) anastrophe
- 1) Interest rate inversion
- 2) One inversion for example, if one uses the sentence “Peter sees the girl” - with the usual sequence subject - predicate - object, the sentence “The girl sees the boy”.
- 2) “In the broader sense, the inversion any conversion of a sentence, for example the conversion of a statement (Erich calls) into a question (does Erich call?). The only rhetorical figure is the inversion in the narrower sense, in which, for example, a predicate noun is placed in front of the sentence in order to emphasize it (the works of the Lord are great). "
- 4) Suddenly there was one inversion at an altitude of 1000 meters and the temperature rose by 5 degrees.
- Inversion weather condition
- Swedish: 2) inversion
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The more and more common Inversions the yield curves are a warning sign. The illiquidity of financial markets is even more problematic.“
NZZ Online, August 18, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "inversions":
palindrome: It is an unsolved problem whether the number 196 after a finite number of inversions gives a palindrome if you write down its digits in reverse order (691), add the two numbers (196 + 691 = 887) and continue this operation repeatedly ( 887 + 788 = 1675)
inversion: Inversion (German) part of speech: noun, (feminine) cases: nominative: singular inversion; Plural inversions genitive: singular inversion; Plural inversions dative: singular inversion; ...
Rhyme: German: -oːnən: ... infections inflations infusions inspections instructions intentions invasions inversions isochrones isochronous isophones millions of years cassations ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Inversionen" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Inversionen/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "inversions" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Inversion Compounds (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Secondary forms: more rarely: Inversion composites Hyphenation: ...
Inversion composites (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Variant Forms: Inversion Compounds Hyphenation: In | ver | si | ons | kom | po | si | ten ...
Inversion compound (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular the inversion compound; Majority 1 the ...
Inversion compound (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: In | ver | si | ons | kom | po | si | tums Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Inversion weather condition (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die Inversionswetterlage; Majority of the ...
Inversion weather patterns (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: In | ver | si | ons | wet | ter | la | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Invert sugar (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular invert sugar; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Invert sugar (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: New spelling: In | vert | zu | ckers Old spelling:…
Investigation (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die Investigation; Most of the investigations ...
Investigations (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: In | ves | ti | ga | ti | o | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
investment (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular investment; Majority investments Genitive: ...
- What are the latest freelance platforms
- Who does commercial sanitation
- Is aluminum foil a good conductor
- What are some non-organic plants
- What is your favorite beach location
- Where is the best vacation away
- Puppies suffer from depression
- Why do most SEO campaigns fail
- Are dentists called doctors in Great Britain?
- Is Alaska running out of oil
- Are not germs
- How is Punjab Technical University Jalandhar doing
- Why are you shopping at Harrods
- Everyone can see their own grayness
- What can Docker Swarm be used for
- Will it cost more to insure an SUV?
- What is ABCP in banking
- How to tone a chord
- How does a typhoon affect the earth
- What is pseudostereophony
- Can I export shipping pallets for money?
- Do you like Osaka or Tokyo more
- Which musicians were influenced by Chet Atkins
- Women like the cowgirl position