Would you recommend Gotham
Gotham season 6: what's a sequel?
Gotham shows the origins of many heroes and villains from the Batman universe. Unfortunately, after five seasons, the series does not continue. Find out all the information about the end of Gotham here.
No 6th season: After 5 seasons, Gotham is over
"Gotham" is a crime series set in the Batman universe of DC comics. At the center is Commissioner James Gordon (Ben McKenzie). The chief of police in Gotham City is considered a companion and supporter of Batman's fight against crime. In the first season, which was broadcast in Germany in 2015, Commissioner Gordon was new to the Police Department and, together with his partner Harvey Bullock (Donald Logue), made it his mission to declare war on the criminals in the city.
The series is based on the idea of screenwriter Bruno Heller. The plot of "Gotham" takes place before the first appearance of Batman - it therefore also tells the stories of many opponents of the bat as well as the development of police officer James Gordon and Bruce Wayne alias Batman. After the fifth season, the series, in which well-known characters such as Catwoman, the Riddler and Penguin are shown, was canceled. The last season started in August 2019.
Why the series was canceled
There are several reasons for the series to end, despite a very loyal fan base. One of them is very likely the falling audience: year after year, the series had to struggle with shrinking ratings, which had reached their lowest point with the fourth season. Nevertheless, the broadcaster FOX decided to continue with a fifth season. For fans of the series, however, the abrupt ending is disappointing.
Another reason for the end of the series is the concept of "Gotham", as the series producers Danny Cannons and John Stephens mentioned in an interview. The series was conceived from the start as a prequel to the Batman myth. With the fifth season, the story will be completed, in which the storylines before the Batman era are told to the end. Gotham thus found an appropriate and satisfactory ending.
Season five is based on the plot from the comic book "No Man's Land": James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) develops into the mustached law enforcement officer we already know from the Batman films and Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) finds his calling Protector of Gotham City.
Rumors of possible spin-offs
Fans of the series from the DC Universe don't need to be sad about the ending, however. There is already a spin-off around the story of Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne's Butler: In October 2019 the series "Pennyworth" started with the first season in Germany. Jack Bannon, who is known from films like "The Imitation Game", plays the young Alfred, who later becomes the right hand of the hero Batman. After serving in the SAS, a special unit of the British Army, Alfred would like to set up a security company in London. In his part-time job as a bouncer in a nightclub, he finally meets the American businessman Thomas Wayne (Ben Aldridge), the father of Bruce Wayne. A sequel has already been confirmed by the producers.
There are also rumors that there will be a series about Catwoman alias Selina Kyle, whose life will be filmed in a spin-off. However, nothing has been finally confirmed on this yet. Gotham fans can also enjoy the adventures from the "Arrowverse": The franchise includes the series "Arrow", "The Flash", "Supergirl" and "Batwoman", which started in October 2019.
Batwoman is Bruce Wayne's cousin Katy Kane (Ruby Rose), who takes his place as the protector of Gotham City three years after Batman disappeared. The full series of "Batwoman" is scheduled to air in May 2020 and is available on Amazon Prime.
Netflix presents: The Umbrella Academy
- How can I improve the slow internet connection
- How are Apple products sold
- What are some examples of convection currents
- What helps the coal mining industry
- Why are Americans warm people
- Why does this C ++ threading program fail
- What is your most embarrassing artistic experience
- How to say synergy in Amharic
- What is the ultimate in water pressure
- Why should I visit your house
- BMI measurements are REALLY useless
- What is PayPal's relationship with Bling Nation
- Which part of the cell makes proteins
- How can universities improve computer science teaching
- What is Brendon McCullum's legacy
- What is the sunset law
- A demonstration was necessary
- What do the people of Indore want
- When can nostalgia be negative
- Will 3D films replace their 2D counterparts?
- How much are editors willing to edit
- What are the greatest paid social products
- How do you create a CloudFormation
- How to Simplify 6 X 6
- How do you deal with death 1
- Which enzyme reassembles the DNA?
- How does VOR DME work
- How do I create backlinks with high PR
- Good Australian bad credit providers
- Under what conditions does Valium help
- How do your friends affect your personality
- What is meant by unjust enrichment?