Should India support CPEC or not
Indo-German agreement: more arms exports
For the record: at the German-Indian government consultations last week, both countries also agreed to simplify German arms exports to the subcontinent.
A corresponding passage is contained in the joint final declaration of November 1st, which was adopted after the talks between the governments of both countries in Delhi - headed by Chancellor Angela Merkel and India's Prime Minister (correction: not Prime Minister) Narendra Modi:
Germany and India recognized the need to further deepen bilateral defense cooperation as strategic partners with the aim of jointly addressing global and regional security challenges. Germany will work to facilitate exports of military equipment and technology exchanges with India in accordance with relevant international, European and national rules. More intensive cooperation between the arms industries of the two countries must promote joint development and production within the framework of the Indian government's “Make in India” initiative and use the defense corridors that have been set up in the states of Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. Maritime projects between the German and Indian naval industries (e.g. submarines) are funded in view of common interests in the stability of the Indian Ocean region. Both sides agreed to develop stronger cooperation in the testing and certification of the defense industry, in particular for type certification of various systems and sub-systems as well as quality assurance. Both sides also agreed that key industries in both countries should endeavor to include the other country's SMEs / MSMEs in their supply chains.
(The English version of the agreement here; the German version here - the latter was only published at the beginning of the week, so I had waited to report it)
In addition, the defense ministers of both countries should meet regularly in the future, at least every 2 years. Several heads of department of the federal government took part in the meeting in the Indian capital, but Defense Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer did not.
(Photo: Merkel at the reception with military honors - Ministry of External Affairs / Government of India)
- What are Invalid Marriage Laws
- What is the best Litecoin wallet PC
- Which is better Fortnite or Creative Destruction
- What do companies use quantum computers for?
- Video game for 05 year old child
- How happy are you with your pet
- How is anesthesia administered to the patient
- Why should a girl hit you on the buttocks
- Who is the director of Conjuring
- What causes macrophage activation syndrome
- What affects the cost of installing bricks
- What is the incremental accounting method
- What did Nietzsche think of friendship?
- What are the top smartphones under 8000
- What is your DU JAT learning material
- What is the song My Generation about
- Which artist sang the song Alone
- Why should child be independent
- Find examples of Kindle books useful
- Stanford offers an online data science course
- What is transmutation in chemistry
- What is the S1 transfer in LTE
- Harry Potter promotes narcissism
- Who is Mandy Hampton
- What does the Pokemon Dratini develop from
- What does RoundSnap RS mean on Snapchat
- What is a powerful computer virus
- When was Bangladesh born?
- What happens when iron sulfate is heated
- Who would win Batman against Wonder Woman?
- Why was SSL renamed to TLS
- Does coaching really help in deleting exams
- How could one remember that the milk was improved?